Chapter Four

DISCLAIMER: This chapter contains assault, violence, and threatening.

Tiffany whimpered in fear, and Camilla figured out exactly what her plan of action was going to be.

"Get out of here!" Amy ordered her in a raspy voice because she was being choked, but Tiffany hesitated.

She had every right to hesitate because next, Camilla swore, "If you make any move, she's dead."

Tiffany's body visibly tensed at the suspenseful situation. Amy struggled in her choked state, hoping to be released, but it was to no avail. Camilla drew the blade closer to Amy's throat, her eyes trained on Tiffany, threatening to prick her neck at any moment. Camilla slowly backed against the wall, forcing Amy to follow. With the wall acting as support behind her, she wrapped her legs around Amy's and tightened her grip around Amy's throat, securing her in place. The red hue all over Amy's face deepened.

Amused by Tiffany's petrified state, Camilla asked, "Would you switch spots with her?" Tiffany's face hardly changed, but it turned slightly into confusion. "If you could," Camilla expanded, "would you risk your own safety and, dare I say, trade your life with your best friend in this situation?"

Tiffany looked at her helpless friend with tearful eyes, fear visibly consuming her emotions. Amy's face was turning from red to purple. In another minute, Camilla knew she would probably faint. Tiffany nodded, though it was hardly noticeable. It was clear that she didn't want to be in the same position, but Amy was her best friend. In a way, she was obligated to make the sacrifice if she could.

Camilla smirked. "Hmm, interesting how long it took you to answer," she remarked. "Not like it matters, though. You couldn't help her if you wanted to. Unless you want to risk taking a step and being the reason she dies." Camilla shot Tiffany a challenging stare, but the sobbing girl only swiftly shook her head and held her mouth tighter in her hands as tears streamed down her face.

"Please..." Tiffany whimpered.

Camilla's head snapped to the side. "Please? Please, what? Speak up, for God's sake!"

Tiffany winced, but begged, "Please don't kill her."

"Oh, I'm not," Camilla cooed. "Don't worry, darling. It's hardly been a minute. She's just going to take a little nap." At this point, Amy's face was bright purple. She was quickly losing circulation, and her writhing was becoming desperate.

A few seconds later, Amy's body went limp, and she collapsed in Camilla's grasp. Not wanting Amy to wake up right away, she continued holding her victim's throat while sitting on the bathroom floor.

"Tiffany, come here," Camilla ordered. Tiffany hesitated, remembering the threat from before. "I won't kill her. I just need your phone, dear." Despite the explanation, Tiffany still didn't move. "If you don't give it to me, I will kill her!"

Tiffany jumped at the volume in Camilla's voice, but reluctantly shied toward her with her phone held out. Camilla snatched it away as soon as she could reach it, and she found Amy's in her pocket and did the same.

Camilla gradually released her hold on Amy's throat, allowing the blood to rush back to her face. As soon as Camilla stood up to finish her work, Tiffany pulled Amy's limp body against her, desperately trying to check her pulse, but not knowing where to check.

Camilla rolled her eyes. "She's alive," she insisted. "Give her a minute. She'll be conscious soon."

Camilla went back to thoroughly rinsing her knife off with soap. She made sure the handle was completely cleaned before returning it to its sheath. Then, she washed her gloves (mainly the inside, from which her DNA could be identified) and pocketed them. At this point, she couldn't trust throwing them away; they were potential evidence against her.