Chapter Three

"What are your names?" I inquired. "I'm Evan, that is Delirious, and that is Tyler," Evan pointed to his friends as he named them. 'Delirious'? Where have I heard that before?

"What about you?" Tyler questioned. "(Y/n)," I replied. "That fits you," Evan smiled down at me. I looked away and mumbled, "Thanks." We came up to the drug store and walked in. They grabbed some stuff off the shelves and went up to the cashier.

I reached into my pocket to pull out my wallet but Evan grabbed my arm. "Don't even think about it," He slid his money across the counter to the cashier. I rolled my eyes and looked away.

We walked out to the sidewalk. We moved to the alley beside the drug store and they sat me down against the wall. He was about to pull up my sleeve to get better access but I quickly stopped him. My blood ran cold and I could feel myself start to sweet.

"I need to. The cut goes further up your arm," He argued. I shook my head 'no'. "Why not?" Delirious stepped closer. My eyes darted between the three of them. "I can just clean this when I get home, it's fine, thank you," I tried to stand by Evan didn't let me.

I struggled to do it again but he was way stronger than me. Delirious quickly grabbed my sleeve and yanked it up, revealing my bar code. I froze. "Look what we have here, you work for the Masked Phonix," Delirious glared at me.

"We won't tell a soul," Evan smirked at me. I am dumbfounded and I don't have any words. I was still tense as he began cleaning my cut. The alcohol burned but I didn't flinch. He began wrapping it and I started to relax a little more. The wrapping covered my bar code but I didn't say anything.

After he finished wrapping my wrist I thought he would stand, but he didn't. "Are you good at what you do?" Evan inquired. I thought for a minute then slowly nodded 'yas'. "Would you be interested in coming back to our place?" He questioned. I slowly shook my head 'no'. "Is there a tracker in that muzzle?" Tyler spoke up. I just looked at him and said nothing.

Evan pulled me to my feet and turned me to face him. The other two were behind me and I couldn't see them.

"I am sorry for knocking you down earlier. Wanna grab something to eat?" Evan still had his hands on my shoulders. I glanced at his arms and was about to decline his offer when my stomach growled. "I'm taking that as a yas, whether you like it or not," Evan removed his hands and began walking out of the alley.

I followed and so did Delirious and Tyler. I should just run. I should tell him that I have places to be. I should find Sho. But do I want to? When I go back to the base then I will probably have another assignment or I will have to spend 3 hours in a gym. To be honest, I wanted this as a break. A break from my stressful life.

Evan led us to a pizza joint on the corner of the street. He walked us in and made me sit on the inside of the booth. He sat next to me and the others sat across from us.

He slid his sunglasses up and rested them on his head. His chocolate brown eyes were so captivating.

"So tell us a little bit about yourself," Evan leaned back in his seat. "What do you want to know?" My voice was about a whisper. "Any family?" Evan looked over at me. "That's classified," I replied. "How many people have you killed?" Delirious inquired. "That is even more classified," I turned my head to face Delirious.

"What kind of car do you have?" Tyler asked. "A nice one," I rolled my eyes at their questions. "So what kind of questions can we ask?" Evan chuckled. "I don't know," I shrugged. I have never been in this kind of position.

"Do you live with others or do you get your own house?" He asked right before the waitress came. I didn't say anything as she placed our drinks on the table. I didn't order a drink but she still got me water.

"Alright y'all, what will you be having today?" She held out her notepad and pen ready to write. The boys ordered one large pizza and she left. "That's classified as well," I huffed. "Well, everything is just one big folder of 'classified' with you," Evan chuckled. "There's not that much social life with the job like mine," I admitted. "Do you ever have any free time?" He reached into his pocket for something.

"Rarely, but yas," I watched as he pulled out a little piece of paper. "Well, if you ever want a temporary, or permanent, break from that life, just call. We have a way of making people disappear," Evan wrote down a number on the paper.

He handed me the paper and I just gazed at it. Was he offering me to quick my job and just live with him? Oh hell no. I don't even know him that well! Though he seems to know about my career and he seems so understanding. 

What would I do without the Masked Phonix? I was rasied to kill. It is all I know.

"Thanks," I put the paper into my pocket and looked back up at them. "So which gang are y'all a part of?" I questioned. They all snapped their attention to each other and had looks of such disbelief.

"Don't be so surprised, it is written all over you. Plus, only other criminals know what the Masked Phonix is," I pointed out. Evan looked at me with a very smug smile, "That information is classified." I scoffed at his answer and rolled my eyes. "Touche Evan, Touche."

"Incoming call from Sho," (C/n) suddenly spoke. All the boys looked at me. "I wasn't the only one who heard that right?" Delirious questioned. "Everyone shut up and if you say one word I will shoot you all," I snapped. "Answer the call," I told (c/n).

"Where did you go?" Sho asked. "Meet me back at base, I ran into a few problems." I didn't exactly lie. "What happened? Do you need my ninja skills to save you again?" Sho had a smug tone. "Again? I don't think you and I remember that fight the same," I chuckled. "I kicked the bad guy's ass while you were unconscious in a chair," Sho recalled.

"Excuse me? That is not what happened. Our target was unconscious in the chair and you were fighting in the main lobby. I was in a very intense fist fight with the bodyguard who happened to be twice the size of me," I explained.

"Sure sure, keep telling yourself that," Sho laughed. "I have the scar to prove it and the skill. You wanna see or do we need to ask Boss about it?" I scowled. "Fine fine, I'll see you at the base," Sho hung up. Damn, that's the second time today he beat me to it.

The boys were giving me very weird looks. "What?" I looked around at them. "Nothin'," Delirious shrugged. I was about to say something but (c/n) interrupted me, "Incoming call from Boss."

I felt my blood run cold and the boys all looked at me again. "I gotta take this one in private," I chuckled nervously. "Oh no you don't," Evan narrowed his eyes. The ringing in my ears seemed to get louder. Boss will kill me if I don't pick up and I don't have time to persuade Evan to move.

"Answer the call," I told (c/n). "(N/n), I have a very important mission for you, want the details now since you are out? Or should I give you the file back at base?" Boss inquired. Evan reached behind him and I saw him pull a pistol out from his belt and aim it at me from under the table.

"Now," I replied in a monotone voice. My eyes locked on Evan. "I need you to kidnap someone, he is a dangerous gang leader. This mission is directly from me. So I expect you to do this flawlessly," Boss started.

"Who?" I questioned. "Vanoss."

Evan's POV

I held my gun at her and we never broke eye contact. "Vanoss," The voice replied. I felt my blood run cold but I kept the same expression. She seems skilled if the leader of the Masked Phonix is asking her directly. I am doomed if she figures out that I am Vanoss.

Wait, I have an idea.

She said a few last words and hung up. I lowered my gun and gave her a wide grin. "I have an idea," I glanced at the boys, who were staring at me, and then I looked back to her. "How about we help you track him down? We have had problems with the BBS too," I explained. The boys seemed to catch on to my plan and joined in.

"Vanoss and his damn men have threatened to take us out almost every day. It is a huge pain in the ass," Tyler snarled.

She looked between us. "Fair enough, I can pick up the file at the base and we can head out," She shifted slightly in her seat. "Right now?" I titled my head. "Yeah, is that a problem?" She asked. "No, I just thought it is a little soon," I shrugged. "The sooner we do it, the sooner we find him." She argued. "Fair enough," I nodded.