}U-ga-u-hi-u{

Aunt Marie and Aunt Candy had been gracious enough to start a fire for me in the fireplace. Marie said the wounds needed to be cleaned properly- or else they wouldn't heal. She cleaned them with a burning tonic that left me gasping for air. Then forced me into the shower. Maybe they had the fire going as a sort of apology. Or they planned to cook me later.

The Aunts had given me a robe, it was long and grey, softer than a tame cats fur. Warm like a blanket in May. If only my back had allowed such luxuries. The Aunties only gave me underwear, for the fear of opening up the wounds again. They told me of another way to heal, but didn't go in depth. All they did was chuckle to themselves.

The door opened to a tall man with dark hair. The one who had watched me nude. The perverted man. He looked down and met my eyes. He seemed almost taken aback that I was there.

"Feeling better?" He asks quietly.

"Depends." The man sets his folders down on the bed ignoring my sharpness.

"On what?"

"If you are talking about me being physically wounded or stuck with a dog for all of eternity." I lay back on the stone fireplace. Allowing the robe to poorly cover me.

"If your pride is hurt that much, maybe you shouldn't hold yourself in high standards." He speaks in his deep voice glancing at me over his paperwork.

My ego was bruised but not enough to let him get away with this. Maybe it is the Wildcat within me.

"How could I not hold myself in high standards when a pack of your mutts couldn't take me down."

"Romanians are hard to take down look at us. Already to the top."

I squint my eyes.

"No."

"Panteras may rule Romaina but true Lycanthrobes ruled it with your king long ago."

"You bastard." I huff and turn my gaze back to the fire.

This man, this dog, is also Romanian. He knew I was. The bond of mating is part blood and part familiarity, it is a bond of destiny. He knew, that is why we are here like this. This is his fault. I slowly pull my the robe on my back. I hiss in pain and let it fall back down.

"Are you still in pain?"

"I fought with your goons yesterday! What do you think?"

"You fought them a week ago," his dark eyes bore into mine over his papers, "Samantha."

"Yes I am still in pain," I hiss back. I don't care how long it has been I hurt, "Ruban."

He lowers the papers and stares at me. Ah, so Master Brennet, it is you, you asshole.

"What have the Aunts done to make you feel better?"

"Everything but kill me. My Prodigium doesn't even want to come out. She must be hurt far worse than I." I mourn for my panther.

"Do you know of the U-ga-u-hi-u?"

"No." Why is he speaking in tongues now?

He stares at me from over his paperwork. He grumbles and set all of the papers aside. He takes off his suit coat and his socks then his shoes.

"What are you doing?"

He says nothing but locks the door to the room and unbelted his pants. I hold up my hand.

"No! Whatever you are doing stop it!"

He unbuttoned his shirt. He is very strong. He is tall, strong and handsome. The way his dark hair is brushed back. The way his jaw is sharp and chiseled- he is perfect. He removes his pants last. He then walks up to me. I scooch back on the brick my robe catching on the cement portions.

"Don't!"

"I am not going to do anything!"

"Then why did you take off your clothes!?"

"It is the only way U-ga-u-hi-u works without sex! Now will you stop acting like a child!?"

His deep voice growled at me. I could feel his body heat from where I was on the floor. He kneels down on the fur blanket. I stay where I am. The fire burning me up. If I were to get any closer to the flame I would become the wood it so greedily hungers for.

Ruban growls at my hesitance. "What is your name?"

"Samantha! You just-"

"The one given by your people." He says slowly crawling closer. "The Romainian Royalty always two names."

My back touched the brick behind it and burned. My scratches seem to burn harsher than a wildfire.

"Verena Sitara Daughter of the White Panther. Daughter of the Stars." He scared me. The way he slowly crept closer as if he knew me, as if he felt my pain. I start to pull away when he harshly yanks my knees down and picks my up by my arse. He stands up, I claw at him but he does not react.

"I am Dusan Weylyn Chaol. Son of the great Red Ruler. Son of the Earth."

I push away from him until I feel the robe being torn off of me. He gripped my wrists and tied it with the robes belt, so no more claws. He puts my arms around his neck and slowly sets me down. He stares down at me, then past my eyes to my nude body. I press myself to him so he can't see anything.

His dark eyes go darker as I do that. My legs are weak and they shake. My body isn't used to this sensation of pain. I stand there while he tears my robe.

"That was mine." He looks down at me, pathetically hanging from his neck.

"It was mine, everything in this house is mine. Everyone in this house," he grabs a fistful of my hair and slowly tilts my head back, "is mine."

He ties my hair up for me from the long strand of rope he tore off.

"So what now? You have me naked and tied up- Oh great master, what now?" The venom shoots from my mouth. He lays down and pulls me down ontop of him. He wraps my arms around his neck again. I hold myself hovering over him. He growls, I hiss.

"U-ga-u-hi-u, is a love cure. It is Cherokee for Love."

"What are you playing at-"

"If you would shut your trap!" I quiet myself. He stares at the roof. "Mated Prodigium can heal each other by skin on skin contact. It is usually done during the process of 'making love'. We are not to that level."

"Nor will we ever be."

"Just relax, and see if this works."

I put my legs on the outside of his body and lower myself down. On the skin contact my inner kitty purrs and enjoys his warmth. I hear a slight whimper. I look up at Ruban.

"What-"

"Taming. Your cat may only want to purr, a wolf doesn't."

I lay ontop of Ruban for a long time. I shut my eyes from the relaxing sounds of the crackle of the fire, the soft breathing under me, and the hand on my thigh to make sure I don't go anywhere.