breathe you in (kou x hanahaki!reader)

You hate flowers, while have own lungs clogged with petals, which strive to cough it out just from looking at Kou. Tried to do something, but things just don't work out. And what can you do about it? Come to the doctor's office and say "I'm sorry, but I have my own garden inside"?

         The throat has been sore ever since it began, and it was a long two years ago. Every seizure makes you choke and somehow this disease resembles asthma, except that a cure for it hasn't yet been found.

         You understand that Kou is partly to blame, because only in his presence this damn thing is happening, but you don't want to lose your best friend, so you pull up a fake smile in the presence of a yellow-haired boy and refer to a flu, when another coughing episode sets in.

         And he can't even think about how you're suffering 'cause you didn't even accidentally show your pain, although you want to shout about it all over the world so at least someone would hear and help. He's pretty sure it's just a cold, so he runs to the pharmacy buying syrup and pills almost every day.

         But you could not hide this time. The seizure is too strong and just swallowing flowers doesn't work. You suffocate under Minamoto's nervous look, finally spit out the petals in your open palms, and he looks into your eyes with a silent question and you have to tell the truth.

         Kou's mad at himself for not noticing, but holding back to listen to your story. You speak for another three minutes ending your confession with the words "I think I'm in love with you, ha-ha". It was supposed to be a joke, but the guy knows it's not. He knows it's true and he knows that it is mutual.

         "Let's be sick together." Kou offers this by watching you surprisingly unlock the clenched palms and the petals gently fall on your own knees. The young exorcist knows that you won't say no.

         And you didn't.

//////////////////

i wrote this a long time ago for another fandom, but i think it's fit perfectly for kou

and btw you can leave your request in the comment, if you want