7

After a while, Lexa sends the novitiates with Titus, and she turns to me.

"You ready?" She asks, and I sigh.

"As I'll ever be." I say, and she nods.

"So, I saw that you got confused with the stick, so we won't use them, not today at least." She says, and I nod, telling Zeus to stay put before following Lexa over, close to where Aden handed my ass to me. Once Lexa's checked to see if I was ready to start, we walked in a circle a couple of times before Lexa comes at me, I narrowly manage to block her arm as she swings at me, but grunt as I'm shoved to the ground. Zeus barks, and comes closer, but when I look at him, he sits back down. Once Zeus is under control again, I look at Lexa, letting my eyes widen when I notice that she's right on top of me, her fist nanometers from my nose. Her hand smells like a hand. I'm not impressed. What I am impressed with, though, is her eyes. They're so gorgeous.

"I could've killed you, Y/N." Lexa says, and I give her an awkward smile as she grabs the front of my shirt and lifts me like that. Which may or may not have sent certain images flying through my brain, which is just a jumbled lesbian mess.

"I didn't want Zeus attacking you." I say, and she nods, looking over my shoulder at my dog, who was looking at us, his head tipped, and his tongue hanging out of his mouth.

"Yes, such a fearsome creature." Lexa deadpans, and I scoff. "He is a good boy, though." Lexa suddenly says, and I raise a brow while Lexa turns to me. "Ignore Bekka Pramheda. Let's go again." Lexa says, and I chuckle. Only Becca would use an A.I. that stores her consciousness, to take control of a girl just to praise my dog.

"Let's go." I say, and she hums before I'm suddenly on the ground.

"You're really bad at this." Lexa says, and I sigh.

"I wasn't exactly required to fight growing up, like you were, you've got at least 19 years on me." I say, allowing Lexa to lift me by the shirt again, becoming increasingly attracted to her each time she grips the front of my shirt in her strong grip, and lifts me off the ground like a ragdoll. Once I'm on my feet, Lexa hums, and I raise a brow at her .

"Just trying to ignore Bekka Pramheda." Lexa says, and I chuckle as all the possibilities of what my friend might be saying about me bounces around in my head. "You're obviously not on my level, or Aden's, so, I'll actually take it easy on you, unlike Aden when he said he would. Exactly how skilled to you think you are?" Lexa asks, and my mind flashes back to before I left home to come this way, when I was training with Alex, it was the same thing, she kept sitting me on my ass. I'm surprised that guy didn't kill me.

"Is there a level zero?" I ask, and Lexa shakes her head. "Well, there should be, because that's where I am." I say, and she nods.

"We'll go step by step, then." She says, and I nod.

-

A few hours later, Lexa was called to some meeting, so Anya was called back to finish giving me a tour of Polis.

"I watched that entire thing, you are garbage." Anya says, and I sigh.

"Yes, I know. Thank you, Anya." I say, and she nods.

-

"And this is your room again." Anya says after the tour had come to an end, so I thank her for being nice to me, and go into my room with Zeus trailing behind me. Once I'm alone with my dog, I take his harness off, leaving his collar on, and relaxing on the couch with him for a while, until someone knocks on my door, so I go answer it, and see a random girl standing there with a platter of food in one hand, and a pitcher with some cups in the other.