Chapter 13: The sinner's club.

"W-what?" I asked, trying to back away from his face.

He chuckled again, before backing away from me.

"Du ser lika vacker ut som alltid, även efter så många år. " He said, as my breath hicked inside my throat.

What language is he speaking?

Maybe Swedish...

Looking at the masked guy, I had a sudden urge to forcefully remove that mask from his face.

As I tried moving forward, two hands from my behind were placed on my shoulders, stopping me.

Turning around to both my sides, I almost fainted.

There were two female masked people standing just beside me, on both of my sides.

His followers.

Looking around, and observed that there were masked people behind Austin and Jason as well.

"W-who are you?" I asked their main leader, who was now standing behind Asher, his white-gloved hands placed on Asher's shoulders.

"I am mastermind. Don't you know that?" He asked me, and I noticed something.

He had a slightly different accent.

"You didn't have this slight Swedish accent that day at Jacob's party." I pointed out.

"Ah, you're smart. But not very smart though, I didn't think you'd come so easily. Just a threatening text and you're entering the building." He said as he looked at Asher below.

"Curiosity killed the cat," I said, looking at Jason, before sneaking a glance at Issabella.

Everyone was quiet.

The only ones talking were me and mastermind.

"What did you actually think? I'd invite you to a tea party?" He asked again.

I sighed.

"Do you want an honest answer or a made-up one?" I asked him, boldly.

I didn't find him intimidating even after knowing that he killed Noah.

My karate is still with me.

"You've got guts. Well, I want an honest reply." He said, impressed.

"I actually thought you were pranking me, so I thought why not hunt you down and knee in the area where the sun doesn't shine, and teach you a lesson and some basic manners. But when I saw Noah's body, I realized I was so wrong." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

Everyone was shut.

Asher looked stunned. Issabella was staring at me in disbelief, while Jason looked like he hadn't seen anyone as brave as me.

I sneaked a glance at Austin, who had a blank look on his face, his eyes glued on the ground.

Mastermind chuckled bitterly at me.

"I didn't like your answer." He pointed out clicking his tongue.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"I don't care."

As soon as those words left my mouth, a metallic knife was placed at my neck by a female masked follower of his from my right.

"Today I am going to officially welcome you to our club, I'm going to show you what happens when you break rules." Mastermind continued, as he gripped on Asher's shoulders tightly.