Chapter 20: Shake your booty.

"Are you a ghost?" I asked her, my eyes widened from disbelief.

She raised an eyebrow at me.

"Shouldn't I be saying that? After all you're the one who's got sticky white stuff in her hair and seems lost in thought." She remarked as she stared at me, up and down.

Suddenly, I felt really conscious about myself.

"I don't know." I mumbled under my breath.

"Damn. Graysons really are stupid. I thought you weren't as dumb as your sister, Brittany." She said, rolling her eyes.

I remained quiet at her insult.

"You know my sister?" I asked her raising my eyebrows.

She rolled her eyes at me.

"Have you got no self-awareness? I am in the cheerleading team at school and I live just across your house." She pointed out.

My cheerleading team. Wait.

"But I saw you in my dream that day." I remembered loudly.

"Isn't it psychology, idiot? You only see those people in your dreams whom you've seen in your real life." She said, sighing.

Okay. I feel dumb.

"You're dumb." She said, shaking her head.

I rolled my eyes at her.

"We met just now, and you're already insulting me? Someone's being judgemental." I said, narrowing my eyes at her.

She let out a 'tsk' sound.

"Uh, so, why are you here?" I asked her again.

She pointed out at the house behind her, claiming that it was her house.

"So...why are you here? Crying over your now burnt house?" She asked me, staring at my now reconstructing house.

I nodded, gloomily.

"It'll be okay in a few days. Where are you staying temporarily?" She asked me, as she started walking, before urging me to follow her.

"Hernandez mansion." I answered, as I followed her down the road.

"Woah. With Jason and Austin?" She asked me, curiously.

"Yeah. And their parents are out of town, so technically I am their guardian." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

She gaped at me.

"Seriously? That explains why you've got this sticky stuff in your hair." She said, sarcastically.

I remained quiet.

"So, why do you have sticky stuff on your hair?" She asked me.

"It's a l--" I was cut off.

"I have a dagger hidden in my back pocket. Choose your next words very carefully."

I sighed.

"Do you actually think—"

She pulled out a small dagger from her pocket.

"It was Jacob." I said, immediately.

"Ugh. Him? I swear, I fucking hate that guy. He's such a cheating bastard. He's literally been in a relationship with every girl in our team and has cheated on all of them. Including me." Charlotte began, as she placed her dagger back into her pocket.

"W-why do you have a dagger with you?" I asked, horrified.

She smirked at me.

"Protection. I keep one when I get out of house late at night." She said, shrugging her shoulders.