•Chapter 1•

"Good morning Goodwill! Don't let the cold weather today ruin your absolute lovely morning! Hehe, You know Kate, I've always heard having chai tea in mornings makes your day a-okay, don't you agree?"

You yawned, stretching your arms as you sat up on your bed, tiredly rubbing your eyes as the voices on the radio echoed all throughout your room. With the cold air hitting your delicate skin, you shivered, groggily getting up from bed.

"Don't forget to check all the ruckus outside folks! Oh, and how could we forget? Always check the time!"

Looking over your window, a traffic jam was once again occurring in the busy streets of New York, as usual. It was currently 7:00 am, just an hour to get ready before going to work. Just in time.

"Proper grooming is a must!"

You huffed, scratching your head as you slowly walked to the bathroom to get ready for the day. You can't afford looking scruffy on the job, of course! Proper grooming is a must!

"Do things on the double if you will, today is a lovely day! No time to waste."

Finally finishing your cold shower, you brushed your wet, tangled hair while brushing your pearl-like teeth, we can't waste time!

Your name is (Y/N) (L/N), living in a small apartment in a lovely, busy city. You couldn't ask for anything more at all, why would you? You had a perfect life! Everything you needed was provided by the ever-so kind government.

Of course, in this paradise world, mistakes were never exceptional. Which was why the kind government provided everyone the tell-tell radio. How generous, don't you think?

Everyone in the city was considered spotless, immaculate, absolutely perfect. Nobody needed anything less, or anything more. Yet there were always those foolish naughty ones. They went by many names, of course. But nobody dared to question where the naughty ones end up when caught. In fact, nobody dared to question anything at all.

That's what makes it so perfect.
But if only everyone knew better.

"Smile smile smile!"