•Chapter 7•

"We can't just simply allow them to do dilly dally with our territories! God knows what–"

"What, ___? It's not like we were given a choice. It's for the peace, isn't it? As I recall, a certain man once told me he'd just about do anything for peace."

It was the afternoon, the warm colours of scarlets and maroon filled the skies, melting into one, a singular melting colour that would just about make anyone gaze in awe at the breathtaking sight, as the sun bid its last farewells to the world until it submerged into the black pits of darkness, the skies introducing the mysterious white, sparkling dots that scattered amongst the dark blue sky, the moon slowly making its entrance to ignite the night sky as the sun slowly made its exit.

Awakening from her deep slumber, the girl's eyes opened once more, to be met with the oh so foreign ceiling. She was just that used to waking up to be met with her horribly painted popcorn ceiling. So it wasn't a dream, this truly was all.. real. A sigh of both disbelief and disappointment escaped from her fair lips. Right, She wasn't home. Running her slender fingers through her hair, she slowly started to make her bed, dread continuing to weigh on her shoulders. How disgusting. Sleeping for such ungodly hours? Surely, when she returns home the government would surely...Well, she didn't know. But what she did know was that anyone who dared step out of line, one simple, minuscule mistake would most certainly... God, just the thought of it alone sent shivers down her spine. How would all of her relatives react to this unforgivable crime?

She wasn't dense. From the looks of it, it seemed as if this world should've been out of her boundaries, something that she was never supposed to see. A colourful world where she wasn't supposed to even catch the slightest glimpse of, or even think about. The girl could never lie, she very much preferred this vibrant world compared to hers back at home. She never noticed how dim it was, or it lacked so much colour, the greens of the earth practically unseen by many, hell, some even believed it never existed. In a way, she wanted to stay, to explore this strange, beautiful world. But the thought of leaving everything she had worked hard for, to abandon all those she thought would miss her, and everything she had witnessed and known growing up... She couldn't, but how her heart dearly yearned to stay. But there was something pulling her back, yelling at her tor return home. To run away far, far away from here. She couldn't understand why her legs wanted to take her away, the small bits of adrenaline she would feel whenever one of the flagged like humans would near her. Perhaps, it was her instincts, telling her this was all but a trap.

For a moment, as she sat up from the soft cushions, her mind went blank. Was this her punishment? The afterlife, punishing her for disobeying the government's orders? At first, she softly laughed at the thought. But as much as it was an improbability, it was possible, as well. Her heart sank deep onto her callous body, her small figure shaking. How cruel was she to abuse the government's kindness? To doubt them. They had given her a chance of a beautiful life, and how she could shun their offer away like that? To throw everything away just to have the smallest glimpse of colour. How could she–

And so, her thoughts were suddenly cut off from the small creaks the door would make, allowing a scent of sweet pastries waft through the air. Footsteps would follow, ringing her eardrums as the figure finally stepped inside, a tray of delectable goods on display for her to eat. For a moment, her eyes narrowed to take a much clear image of their face in mind, until they had finally stopped right by their bedside, a small smile– No, grin rather, tugged upon their lips. Her eyes widened in sudden realization of who this flagged man might be. Of course, how could she forget. "G'day love, lovely night ain't it?" He'd ask the girl, sparking a small conversation between them as he set the tray right onto her lap. "Oh, err, well uncle Frenchie wanted me to give this to you. Says some sweets would make him feel better, and hopefully, it would work the same for you." He explained, rubbing the back of his neck as he eyed the female from head to toe. "Name's Australia, call me Aussie if you want. Nah nah, please do call me aussie, I literally can't stand my full name. It sounds so.. eugh, stiff." He'd softly chuckle, gently lending out a hand for the female to shake.