Chapter 6

Author's note: Oh gosh, I didn't think I'd manage to catch a few people's attention with this book! (Mostly because I believe this fandom is a bit unbeknownst to many.) Thank you, I really do appreciate it ^^

It was morning, the blinding rays of light that seeped through her curtains started to mercilessly shine through herr retinas, being the main cause of her wake. The soft sound of an accented laughter sifted through the air, bouncing off of your walls. A sweet, deep voice that was almost music to one's ears. Slowly, her eyelids gently lifted themselves, only to catch sight of the horrible light mentioned earlier, who dared to interrupt her slumber, and a mysterious man, who stood across her large bed, his lips tugged in the largest smile she'd ever seen anyone wear.

"Ah, bonjour ma chérie! A late sleeper 'ou are, non?" He chuckled, his features softening for a short moment as he took a good look at her.

Indeed her captivating features were quite mesmerizing. Were all females in the human world like this? He couldn't remember. It'd been too long since he'd seen one with his own eyes. An actual human. Sure, people would visit their world if it was truly necessary, but the politicians that would visit their world were just too bland, too cold, too...robotic. He'd be lying if he were to say he didn't dislike them in any shape or form. And he was most certain that the other countries felt the same way. Well, except China. He seemed to get along pretty well with those folks.

The female, on the other hand, hummed in confusion, as she slowly sat up from the wrinkled covers, slightly cringing from the mess she'd made on the bed. Blankets wrinkled, pillows scattered all over, what a sight. If she was back home, who'd knows what her peers would think of her.

"A late sleeper? I'm not a late sleeper." She muttered under her breath, confusion laced in her tone as her eyes dared to avert themselves over to the clock that hung over the wall. No, she couldn't possibly.. Yet there it was. All the evidence needed. 10:30 am. A small gasp escaped her lips, her eyes widening in shock. In an blink of an eye, she repeatedly started bowing her torso, her face flushed in a deep shade of red from sheer embarrassment. "I-I'm so terribly sorry! I-I know it's quite unprofessional of me but p-please! Please give me ano-"

"Slow down, Slow down ma chérie. I'm not going to hurt you." The frenchman chuckled in amusement, as he'd slowly approach the female, his features softened by her worried state. He wouldn't lie, however. He was a bit confused. Why on earth would she apologise for sleeping late? Sure, one may argue that it was reasonable, but still. It almost seemed as if she was begging for a second chance or some sort. It was pitiful, really, it was.

"It is alright, (Y/N). 'Ou have no reason to apologise." He'd whisper to the female, softly petting her soft locks of luminous (h/c) hair, a soft smile plastered across his features. The frightened girl, who seemed to be trembling, her beautiful orbs that frantically scattered around the room, almost as if she were looking for something, someone. His brows furrowed in disturbance, his smile now dispersing in a matter of minutes, replaced by an unholy frown that one couldn't dare even glance at without feeling any source of sadness.

France couldn't understand, in fact he shouldn't understand. None of this was meant to happen. He wasn't supposed to know the truth that laid behi—

"Oof!" He yelped, his train of thought suddenly disappearing as he was snapped out of his trance by a small force that clung onto his striped shirt, trembling and shaking in any possibly way. "P-Please.." a small, frail voice would echo in his eardrums, forcing him to gently shift his gaze back to the petite girl, his eyes beaming with such pity. "Please.. Don't tell them! I-I don't want to be like them! I-I'll do anything!"

France could only let out a soft sigh in response, as his hand would absentmindedly make it's way to her soft locks once more, a terrible need to calm the poor girl down. "I won't." He murmured back to this strange girl, his arms gently encapsulating her in his warm hold, refusing to let her go from his embrace. Whoever this... "Them" was, his destiny was already written in stone since day one. Clear it was that he'd just met her today, but in his eyes, it seemed as if the poor girl was truly in need of saving, a small child in need of a guardian to protect her frail state. He couldn't help but feel this need to help her. To save her. It was then he decided that perhaps, he would be that guardian for her.

All was well, as the soft sniffles of girl could only be heard echoing throughout the room, followed by the small shushing of a fellow frenchman, her body no longer trembling as much as it did. All truly was well...for a few moments.

The sound of the door clicking rang in their ears, as a loud creak followed right after, revealing a said familiar man, sternly staring at the two pitiful figures that helplessly clung onto eachother on the bed.

"Am I interrupting something?" He questioned, cocking a brow at them both as he gently took his tophat off of his fine, laid back strands of hair, his blood red eyes glaring at the two, yet most importantly at the frenchman. France, on the other hand, could not react for a short moment, he was frozen. Well, he did, after a few minutes, that is. Rubbing the back of his head, he gave an apologetic smile and reluctantly let go of the girl, as he'd step out of the bed.

'How unprofessional.'  he thought to himself, straightening any wrinkles that could be found on his blazer before returning his gaze back onto the two, a disappointed look across his features.
"I suppose you've met France by now, my dear?" He questioned yet again, turning his attention to the female. (Y/N) could only meekly nod, refusing to even breathe at the Brit's direction, her face flushed red from utter embarrassment. This was not as intended..

"A word please, sir France?" He said through gritted teeth, his eyes narrowed, almost as if his gaze were piercing through the male's skull. Of course, France couldn't easily fall into defeat, as he too, glared daggers back. "Oui, of course, of course."

. . . . .

As the two men left the room, the Englishman could only sigh in disappointment, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"Look Bretagne, I can expla—"

"What? What is there to explain, France? You never change! As long as a girl was present, you'd take the opportunity to take advantage of her!"

On and on, Britain's arguments never seemed to end. No matter how much France wanted to explain himself, The male would never let him. Finally having enough, he took a sharp inhale, his optics flickering closed for a short moment. "ENOUGH." He boomed, his loud voice seemingly echoing through the large mansion, small pants following afterwards, an irritated expression evident among his face.

"Bretagne! I am telling you! I was NOT planning on doing such a thing! The girl needed comfort, so I gave her comfort. Have you even noticed her strange behaviour?! Ze smallest things, bretagne, She apologises over the smallest of things and acts like she would get killed over it! Doesn't 'zis make you wonder what 'as been going on in their realm at all?!"
He exclaimed, her eyes worriedly glancing over to the door from where the girl stayed before shifting it back to the marble floors. He was in no place to worry over someone insignificant, but the idea of whatever atrocities they have done for all these years, it worried him. Who knows how much damage they have done.

A sigh escaping the Brit's lips, he shamefully nodded in agreement. "Should we hold a meeting about this..matter?" He questioned, gulping at the thought. God, what would he think?! He would most certainly be furious over this. A human citizen, passing the borders? Treachery. But there was no other way around it. It had to be done if they wanted to help her get back home. Or rather, if her home was safe to begin with.

"Oui, bretagne. It's a must."