hfhh

The chanting got louder and Merlin, turned to face the bear widening his stance. He looked calm and relaxed as if he were just walking down a road. The air shimmered and the bear staggered, then collapsed dead. There was movement beyond the bear. What he'd originally thought were a clutter of rocks turned out to be monsters. The dragon on Merlin's chest roars in defiance. Two red painted druids step forward. The woman proceeds to lightly place her hand on Merlin's shoulder, the man mimics her. In a moment of meaningful silence the both drop their hands and from nowhere produce bows and arrows.
With synchronized actions they aim and fire.

And Arthur realizes the situation for what it truly is, a battle, a fight with only one side as the victor. Merlin doesn't seemed bothered at all and the chanting starts again not as frantically and again Gwain is whispering again. "The chant is different because first blood has been drawn. Nothing is more serious and sacred, Merlin has now entered an unspoken contract that he will fight until his death or until he wins. The warriors beside him also partook the minute they drew their bows. The druids behind them" Gwain indicates to the ones lining up behind the two warrior druids. "These will be used in relays, if one druid tires they must take their place. They will keep rotating until the battles won. They also keep up a constant supply of arrows." Arthur turns to Gwain, "What about Merlin's back up?" Gwain looks at him sadly, with pity. "Merlin has no back up, if Merlin falls we all do. He has no equal and therefore there is no one he can relay with. Instead he gets given a constant stream of help should he need it. He indicates to the chanting druids kneeling in the circle. They give him their energy, magic and if need be their life force."