Pathetic

When I woke up it had felt like I had been asleep for days. I felt groggy and weak, but it was better. Better than waking up in the white room or on a cold metal slab with bright lights and masked men hanging over me.

"Please stop. Please, I can stay controlled. Just put me to sleep, up my dosage please!" I cried. My arms and legs held down by metal cuffs. I could barely move them they were so tight.

He shook his gloved hand at me. "Uh, uh my dear. You're lucky we have someone here to stall your quirk, otherwise we wouldn't be able to...help you." His words were meant to sound kind, but they fell out of his mouth like acid. He gestures to a blonde haired man in the corner. He stepped closer to me and put his hands on the sides of my head. That only made me panic more. This must be how his quirk works, not very effective in combat if he needs to be this close.

"Now, be a good girl and try not to move." Hanford said as he began.

I shook my head trying to forget. I can't think about that now. I have to stay in control. I can't go back.

I sat up and was finally able to take in my surroundings. When they said everything in here could handle my flames, I thought I would be put in another white room. But this place actually reminds me of my old room. There are posters of heroes on the dark green walls. A desk, a wooden bed. It might not look exactly the same, but it looked like what a teenagers room should.

I get up and feel the carpet between my toes. It feels so soft compared to the tiles I'm accustomed to. I open the curtains and take in the full impact of the sunlight. Warmth, it was something I missed. Naturally, my body temperature is warmer than the average person's, but it was something that had been suppressed for who knows how long. Even after leaving that place my body hasn't fully regained its normal heat.

My door was propped open, a nice change to the locked state my door was usually in. I peek out into a hallway. No one's here? I was sure someone would've been posted outside my door.

I made my way to the living room. Still nobody. I vaguely remember this area of the house. I was so doped up for the whole endeavor, I only have blurry, scattered memories. There were quite a lot of people here. Guards, teachers, a mouse, and I think some students.

I check the kitchen and still no one. Maybe this isn't real, maybe this is some illusion or trick. Or maybe UA actually plans on abandoning me and leaving me to my own devices. Either way I'm not staying. I refuse to continue to be a puppet.

I take a deep breath and head for the front door. As soon as I reach for the handle it opens. A tired man covered in scarves stares me down. I remember him.

"You're awake." He stands tall almost as if he is shielding something.

"You were gone." I take a few steps back, my hands balled in fists, ready for anything.

He sees this and sighs. "I stepped out for a few minutes. Did you eat?" I shake my head. "Good. I have breakfast." I look at his hands. They're empty.

"Unless that breakfast is hidden in your scarf, I don't see any." I remark.

He gives me a small smile, something he doesn't look capable of. "Seeing as you're so awake, I'd like to introduce you to a student of mine." He steps to the side exposing a boy holding a plastic bag. I don't think he was here when I got here. I don't recognize a thing about him.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you." He says. So polite, but cold. Or maybe I'm too used to less than pleasant interactions that I just assume they're all the same.

"This is Shoto Todoroki. He's one of the few students in this school who got in on a recommendation."

He looks uninterested. Like he doesn't want to be here. Who could blame him? I probably wouldn't want to meet me either.