~ 6 ~

Arriving at his destination, Kit made his way out of the car, on his way to meet with Ming, to go see a movie, a movie that he still hadn't found out the name too. Why did he agree to this again? Well, he guessed it would be better than spending yet another day wrapped up in warm, comfortable blankets that would quietly lull him off to sleep as he drifts in and out of consciousness to the unwinding sounds of his slow playlists. Wait, that sounds nice, perfect even, so what possessed him to agree with this? He's barely even talked to Ming, he knows he's "outgoing, confident, and handsome" according to Wayo, but that's pretty much it.

But, here he was, waking into a relatively packed shopping centre, to meet up with someone they barely even know. And to make matters worse, he has absolutely no idea where Ming actually is. Is he here yet? Where are they meeting each other? Will they get lunch, and if so is it before or after? So many (somewhat unnecessary) questions circled around his mind as he stood aimlessly in this busy place.

His worries were all put to rest (well, most of them) when an intimidatingly taller Mingkwan stood in front of him. It was needless to say that Kit was a little embarrassed that he had to physically look up at his junior.

"Hi! I realised I didn't tell you where to meet me, but luckily, you caught my eye just as I was about to ring you" he explains, leaving Kit to just stand there, awkwardly, suddenly very aware of how unaware he is when it comes to how he should act around him. He straightens up his posture, still very conscious of the height difference between them.

"I forgot you were so small Kit!" he exclaims, to which Kit just continues to stand there, waiting to make their way to the movie, or wherever they were heading off first.

"So, what movie are we going to see?" Kit questioned, to which Ming soon replied, responding with a new horror (yet apparently comedic) movie that's just hit the cinemas. Great, a horror movie, how wonderful. Kit was never going to admit to Ming that horror movies, well, they just aren't his thing, he gets scared too easily at the smallest of things, but he guessed he'd just have to deal with it.

"I was thinking that we'd go watch the movie, then walk around for a bit, maybe grab something to eat, is that okay with you?"

"Yeah sure, that sounds good"

"Okay, cool"

They begin to head to the cinema, buying popcorn, turning in the tickets, and entering the viewing room, sitting in the middle of the rows, impatiently waiting for the movie to start. The air was thick with the overwhelming feeling of not knowing what to say. Small talk bounces its way around the room, beginning to learn small little things about each other, like their favourite colour (blue, contrasting Kit's yellow), soulmates and many other things such as siblings (to which Ming has none, but Kit has a brother, Kieng) and about their family in general.

Kit tried his best not to overshare, uncomfortable with the conservative, old views of their family, specifically his father. See, despite living in a world where you get to meet your soulmate, the one you were assigned to, there seems to still be room for homophobia as well as prejudice between interracial relationships. Some people believe that the way you raise your child can affect who their soulmate is, that being gay is a choice, that things like that are still unnatural. Some even go to the extent of sending their children to "therapy", which is actually just torture. They call it "botanical soulmate extraction", extremely painful. It kills the flowers that grow on your hands, there have even been cases where it has killed their soulmate, so they end up living lonely lives where they have no one that is meant for them. His father agreed with this whole concept, even having friends that run the operations, thinking that it is "righting the wrong in the world". So, it's needless to say, Kit didn't mention that side of his family.