Synopsis

Synopsis

Evolet Cynthia Santorez is a broken girl, unable to wear clothes that show her skin, apply any sort of makeup, or withstand any physical contact, ever since the incident, her fall from grace is very much apparent. Reduced from a star volleyball player to a mediocre girl who can't even hold eye contact with someone. Moving to Florida, away from her family should've been a relief, but it's anything but. Stared and gawked at for being new was the last thing now wallflower Evolet wanted. She eats alone, reads in the corner of the cafeteria, struggles to pay attention in classes and finishes the day helping her grandmother. A tiring routine that, at night, leaves room for subconscious torment by her inner demons. She just wants to be left alone with her and her book of poetry her grandmother has her read.

It seems a society of friends has another idea for the new kid in their school. Evolet finds herself besieged by a group of different individuals, each determined to bring Evolet out of her shell and meet the world with open arms. Needless to say, for Evolet, that's nothing short of absolutely terrifying. Can Evolet face her past and leap into the future without fear or will she succumb to her demons, dragging her to below?