Authors Note

What's a soulmate?

"It's uh... Well, it's like a best friend but more. It's the one person in the world that knows you better than anyone else. It's someone who makes you a better person. Actually, they don't make you a better person, you do that yourself - because they inspire you. A soulmate is someone who you carry with you forever. It's the one person who knew you and accepted you and believed in you before anyone else did, or when no one else would. And no matter what happens, you will always love them. Nothing can ever change that."

DAWSON'S CREEK

Hey guys! Before you read this story, I want you to know a lot of my writing skills are still in development. Some parts can be considered total trash really. I'm not even being modest. Feel free to point out any errors. Actually, please do that. Literally slaughter me with them. Kill me. I don't care. Just do it. 

Also, I originally started writing this in first person then realized I was much more comfortable in third. I'm in the middle of changing it over now so don't be alarmed when it suddenly switches. Tell me if you see an error, please!

Now for the stuff you've probably read a million times before.

I do not own the Harry Potter franchise. All previously mentioned characters and settings belong to J.K. Rowling and the Warner Brothers. The edit above is not of my own creation either and belongs to my favorite editor, yoursdraco on Instagram. While it's not the one above, one of their edits was actually a strong inspiration for this fic. Go follow them if you can!

This book also contains some more violent scenes containing abuse and mild suicidal thoughts. If you're uncomfortable please stop reading and talk to someone. Even my own PM's are open. 

Also special thanks to @pinkynkc @ImWeirdSoDealWithIt and @yourmiddletoes because y'all give the best comments 😩