Chapter 11

Adrien cheerfully walked into the cold empty hallway of his mansion. He didn't even feel the coldness as he entered the building, the memories of the day's earlier events still playing in his mind. He had just come home from studying with Marinette. Though he didn't want to leave, he knew he had to. He couldn't hang out with Marinette forever, he knew that she had family and other friends and a perfectly cheerful life without him. And he knew that his father would be coming home later that day, so he wanted to be there before he showed up so he wouldn't know about the hang out that he had been part of, without his accountable permission.

But for once in his lifetime, Adrien wasn't disappointed in himself that he had disobeyed his father. He honestly didn't care if Nathalie told him. Because all that mattered today was that he spent it with Marinette, the rest can take any turns they want without wrecking his mood.

Though what he was mostly unprepared for was to meet his father face to face as he stood on the staircase, the blond's breath hitching in his throat as he peered up at the man who was coldly glaring down at him from his area, "Adrien."

That's all he said, but the supermodel knew that tone of voice. It was a disappointed/angry tone, even the tones in his voice always remained professionally collective, the difference being almost unrecognizable. But in short, the tone was a 'you're totally screwed' one to him. He knew his father had just come home, so it wasn't a surprise when he turned and walked up the staircase, probably to his bedroom to get some rest.

Even if Adrien knew he shouldn't, he let the cold greeting bother him a little, feeling it like an immediate pang of guilt, running through his veins like a coursing river. He marched his way over to his room miserably. He yanked open the door, slamming it shut as Plagg zipped out of his blazer's pocket, "Seriously?! Why doesn't he just punish me now?!"

Knowing the usual rant, the kwami zoomed over to Adrien's desk, waiting for the blond to continue the whole speech he knew he would never hear the end of. He was sorry for the kid. He tried his best to remain interested in the one-sided conversation, though when he did, a wave of hunger would soon hit him, making him unable to listen anymore and only think of cheese.

Speaking of cheese...

The kwami flew over to his now neatly arranged cupboard of cheese. The kwami had, earlier that day, arranged his cheese wheels by oldest matured to youngest, in specific kinds as well, the camembert obviously being at the top shelf. He took a chunk of the oldest matured camembert wheel, flying out of the cupboard and sat back down on Adrien's desk, the blond face-first planted into the mattress of his bed, "You know kid, I don't think this is only about your father."

"What do you mean, Plagg?" he muttered, his voice being muffled out by the contact with the soft mattress, the blond immediately scrambling up to sit straightly up on his bed.

"I don't think it's only about your father that you're feeling like this about. I mean, come on. Every day when your father acts like this it doesn't bother you as much, but now today out of all days, it does. There's only one explanation, kid. It's called love."

"Love?" the green-eyed boy queried.

"Need me to spell it out for you, 'hot stuff'?" the creature snickered, swallowing down a gulp of camembert cheese, "L.O.V.E. love."

"Seriously?" Adrien rolled his eyes in annoyance as he let himself fall slowly back onto the mattress, resting his hands under his head, "What on earth are you talking about today?"

"Admit it. You're actually upset right now because your father had to ruin your mood from your day out with baker girl."

"Come on, Plagg!" Adrien snapped, cocking his head in the direction of his kwami that allows him to transform into his alter ego, "You know Ladybug's the only one I love! Marinette's just a friend!"