6

It's the second day of training. I'm trying harder today. Jake said he would help me. "Focus Belle. Just focus on the target." He says. I try to zone everyone out. I look at the target and raise my hand. Fire comes out and hits the target but not right in the center. "I suck!" I say. "It's ok. We'll keep working on it. Trust me you'll get better." He says. I try it again. Just clear your mind Belle. I raise my hand and focus on the target. Fire shoots out and hits the target right in the center. "Did you see that! I.... I did it!" I say. I look over at Jake and he flashes a smile. "Keep working on it. I'll come check on you in awhile. I have a meeting with Violet." He says. Jake leaves and I keep practicing. Someone is watching me now. I turn around.
"So Belle..... I see you have a thing with Jake." It's Michael. "Um... No." I lie. "Well hopefully you're not persuading him to help you." He says. "What do you me-" " You know exactly what I mean." He says. I feel something tighten around my throat. I can't breathe. It's a vine. That's right Michael controls nature. He's choking me. I raise my hand so I can shoot him with fire. I'm not quick enough. He ties my hands with more vines. "Why are you doing this?" I manage to say. "You're in my way. You see, I saw that you were going to be an issue right away. So I'm going to get rid of you." He says. Just as he is about to finish me off Luke comes and stabs him. Michael falls to the ground. He is gasping for air. "There will be a war. They're coming." Michael spits up blood. He is dying. Blood is dripping out of his mouth.
"What the hell was that all about?" Luke asks. "I don't know. He said I was in his way and that I was an issue. What ever that means. I don't even know how I'm an issue. I don't even know how to use my powers." I say. "Well I'll tell Jake. Maybe he can figure it out." He says. "Yeah.... Maybe... Thank you for saving me." I say. "Well I figured these things would come in handy." He says holding up his hands revealing the knives poking out of his knuckles. He's like Wolvereen.
Training is over early today because of the incident. I decide to go up to my room and unwind for a little bit. I can't believe I could've died today. I get up to my room and I go to the bathroom to wash my face. My neck is sore and I have bruises. I wipe my face and lay down in my bed. I just lay there. It feels nice. "Belle you in there?" It's Jake. "Yeah." I say. I go to the door and crack it open. "How do you feel?" He says. "Well... How would you feel if someone almost killed you? My neck is so sore." I say. "Let me take a look." he says. I move closer to Jake. He touches my neck and it instantly feels better. I run to the bathroom to look in the mirror. The bruises are gone! "How'd you do that?" I ask. "Well..... I can heal things." He says. "Thank you." I say.
"Can I come in?" Jake asks. "Um... Sure." I say. He comes in and sits on my bed. I sit down next to him. "So what exactly happened after I left you today?" He asks. "Michael said I was in his way and that he needed to get rid of me. He was choking me to death. If Luke wouldn't have come, I probably would've died. Michael also said something about a war and that someone is coming. Do you know who he was talking about?" I ask. "There is a group of people like us. They're called the Callers. They use they're powers for bad. They used to work with Violet but they turned evil. They wanted to take over and build an army out of the people in Violets organization. So Violet banned them from here. Maybe Michael worked with them." He says. "Should we tell Violet. We need to prepare. Build an army of our own." I say. He gets up. "Yeah. We should go talk to her now." He says.
We leave my room and go to Violets office. Jake knocks on the door. "Hello. Who is it?" She says. "It's Jake and Belle." Jake says. "Oh come in. What's going on?" She says. "We think the Callers are going to rise up and attack us." Jake says. "We think Michael worked for them." I add. "We need to enforce an emergency training for everyone in the area." Violet says. "That's what we were thinking." Jake says. "Tomorrow we will make an announcement." Violet says.
We leave Violets office and go back to our rooms. I'm so tired. "So I guess it's goodnight." Jake says. "It doesn't have to be." I say. I follow Jake into his room. I lay down in his bed and he lays next to me. He smells good. He smells like home. I feel safe with him. He kisses me and I kiss him back. "I'm going to do everything I can to make sure you're safe. I don't want to lose you." He says. I fall asleep with his arm around me. This is where I'm meant to be.