Why does he hate me?

Chapter 2

Lily knew she woke up late the next day since she noticed that the sun was high in the sky. Quickly, she got dressed and went out to the living room. Snape was in the kitchen. Unlike Snape, Duchess always woke her up with a bucket with ice water and she was thankful that he didn't do the same. She knocked on the door frame and Snape looked down at her, obviously irritated. Did she have to disturb him?

"I am sorry, sir, for interfering, may I come in?" The question surprised him. Of course the silly girl was allowed to come in. "Yes" He grumbled emotionlessly. "Thank you, sir." She responded with a little bow. What was she doing? Her stomach made a big rumble sound and she quickly embraced her stomach before looking down at the floor. She looked so small when she did that. "I am sorry sir" She said, with a shaking voice.

"Sit down." He ordered her and she was quick to obey. He made her pancakes and a cup of cacao. "Eat" She looked up at him, surprised by his act of kindness. She gulped down the food as she thought it would disappear if she didn't eat it fast enough. "Thank you very much sir." She said quietly. "Put these on, we are going to Diagon Alley." He trusted a pair of jeans and a green sweater into her hands. She took them gratefully, seeing as she never had gotten clothes before. "What is Diagon Alley? Is that were you want me to work?" She asked. She looked down regretfully for asking. "No" he sneered. "We are going to buy your school stuff."

She got dressed and prepared herself in ten minutes. She did it as fast as she could, but the Snape man still looked dissatisfied. "We are going to get there by portkey." Lily didn't understand a word of what the Snape man said. He just ignored her, not bothering to answer as she prodded him with her curious eyes. He showed her to a potion book. It was glowing blue. "What the hell are you waiting for?!" Now he got irritated. Why couldn't she just think, Use her brain? She is so stupid! Lily was getting a bit scared with the tone he was using, but she didn't know what to do. "I am sorry sir, what do you want me to do?" she tried to be polite. "Are you stupid? Touch it!" Lily obeyed and suddenly the floor under them disappeared. Lily screamed. She was scared.

They landed on the grown a couple of seconds later. The Snape man was furious. "What the hell were you doing?! The portkey could have left without us! You are the most stupid girl I've ever met!" Lily looked down, fighting her tears.

She wasn't going to cry.

Lily managed to hold her feelings under control. "I am sorry sir, it won't happen again." The Snape man just scowled at her. Clearly irritated, but he didn't want to make a scene. The truth was that Lily reminded him of the Lily from his childhood. It hurt being around her. It hurt to remember her.

After walking a bit, they came to a bar called The Leaky Cauldron. Snape dragged her through the bar without a single word. There were not many people in the bar, so, it wasn't much to look around as Snape sped quickly through, still dragging her behind him. Soon, they were heading out the back door and Snape came to a stop in front of a brick wall and tapped with his stick. Lily couldn't understand what he was doing that for, but figured she would get in serious trouble if she asked. The brick wall moved to the side and revealed an alley. Her eyes flew wide open and she had troubles breathing. This had to be a dream!

Diagon alley was amazing. There were all kinds of shops and the people there had very strange clothes. The Snape man didn't seem to care, he just scowled and handed her a paper. 

Uniform:

3 sets of plain black work robes, 1 black hat, 1 pair of gloves, and one black cloak with silver fastenings.

Books:

The Standard Book of Spells Grade 1, Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic, Bathilda Bagshot