The Forbidden Forest

The next day Snape surprised her with asking her if she wanted to go outside and broom with him. She got another surprise when she discovered the grown was covered with a lay of white snow. They flew around for hours until she couldn't feel her fingers anymore. When they were safely at the grown she just couldn't walk past the snow without playing with it. But Snape had been so nice to her and she didn't want to be a burden to him. So she just walked by it.

That didn't last long because suddenly she felt something cold hit her in her neck. She turend around to see Snape scowl at her. He raised one eyebrow saying; What-are-you-waiting-for?

She decided it was only her imagination at began walking again, only to feel another snowball hit her from behind. Okay this time she didn't imagine it. She threw a snowball at him and before they knew it they were in a snowball fight.

Off course Snape began to cheat and pull out his wand. Sending not only one at her but ten snowballs at once.

"That's unfair!" She whined and Snape simply spoke. " No I am only teaching."

"Oh yeah?" This time it was her who raised the eyebrow. "How to use magic properly." He stated before sending another ten at her. Making her fall backwards down in the soft white snow.

"Look I am a snow angel." She said more to herself than him. This was truly magical.

 For the first time Lily made a snow man. They used Snape's cloak to keep the snowman 'Warm' "I think he looks good." She said and Snape reviled the smallest smile."Yes, he looks like a teacher." That comment made her burst out in laughter. She secretly named the snowman Sev, since that was what Lily from Snape's memory called him, but she knew better than to say it out laud.

The next day Snape took her with him to visit Hogsmeade. It was amazing. It was an alley with all kinds of shops. They visited Zonko's Joke Shop, Honeydukes, Gladrags Wizardwear and Tomes and Scrolls. He bought her a Sneakoscope from Zonko's. Before they went home they went to grab something to drink from Madam Rosmerta. The few people in the bar glared at them, seeing Snape together with a child without punishing it was something you didn't see every now and then.

When they got home Lily asked if she could go out for a while. "Sure, but be in to dinner."

She nodded and then disappeared out the door. There were no students at the school, but it wasn't empty anyway. This was because of all the teachers, the ghosts, the house elves and not to mention the paintings. She sat down and started to think. What the hell should she give Snape? She wanted to give him something. "Why aren't you home Lily, you know it is Christmas right?" She jerked, who had just talked to her. "Hey Lily up here." It was only a painting. She scowled at it. "Yes I know." "Then why are you here all alone?" She sighed. "I don't have any money and I need to buy a Christmas present for my... father." Somehow saying the word made her feel... complete. And she knew it was right.

 "Hmm... sorry can't help you with that." Lily looked down; she didn't want to disappoint Snape. Suddenly she felt an urge to cry. She curled together and put her head in her knees. She sobbed. Why did she cry so much lately? "Oh alright then! Just don't cry. I hate when you humans show emotions." She looked up at the painting. "Well he is a potion professor right?" She didn't know where he was going with this, only listened to what he had to say. "Well go down to Hagrid and ask if he has some ingredients." He said it like it was the most obvious think to do.

 She looked up at him, THAT was a good idea. There was only one problem... she was afraid of Hagrid. The last time she visited him was with Snape and she thought he was going to eat her. "I can't go." "Why not?" The painting looked bored. "What if he eats me?" "What? who? Hagrid?" The painting burst out in laughter. "He doesn't harm a fly." "Promise?" The painting nodded. "Well then go!"