Chapter Four

A loud clanging noise woke Cassandra, she stood up immediately in bed and grabbed her sword instinctively.

"That's not how you do that!" She heard a voice yelling.

"Then how am I supposed to fix this?"

"I don't know, do I look like I know anything about fixing ovens?"

Cassandra let out a groan and got out of bed, dropping her sword. She took one look at the pile of her dirty clothed and grimaced, deciding to open the wardrobe in her room to see if there were any spare clothes in there. There was. She found a ton of clothes, hung up neatly and organized by colour. She hummed while looking for something that screamed 'Cassandra.' She ran her hands across the fabrics, stopping at a grey, over-the-shoulder shirt. Pulling it out, a smile grew on her face.

"Yeah, this'll work."

She continued to search for bottoms, finding a burgundy, patterned overall skirt and stockings. Slipping off her nightgown, she got dressed. Cassandra then looked over to the night stand where she had placed the Cassandrium necklace Varian had made for her. She smiled softly as she slipped it on, looking at her reflection in the mirror. It reminded her of how they left things when she left Corona, made her wonder what he was up too how. They had apologized to each other - Varian for nearly crushing her with his automaton and Cassandra for kidnapping him - said their goodbyes, Varian surprising her with a sudden hug. A wave of warmth ran over her at the thought, but she shrugged it off and began to walk towards the bedroom door. She walked down the hallway and into what she assumed was the kitchen and dining area.

"Mornin' Sandra." Cinder said, a cup of coffee in her hand.

Talon gave her a little wave, his mouth full of food.

"Your breakfast is over here, nothin fancy, just some eggs and toast. I hope you like coffee, if not we have orange juice too."

Cassandra nodded.

"Thanks for the food." She said, beginning to eat.

"So, What brings you over here? It's not everyday we meet randos sleeping in the woods." Talon asked, taking another bite out of his toast.

"Well, I'm searching for my destiny."

"Any idea what it is yet? Your destiny, I mean."

Cassandra looked out the window at the sky.

"No. I have no clue."

Cinder raised an eyebrow at Cassandra, joining in the conversation.

"Y'know, you've got some guts. Not everyone is brave enough to try and fight a Demon, most people would run and hide - but not you." Cinder leaned in closer to Cassandra, eying her.

"There's something about you that makes me think you could be The One."

"The One?" Cassandra asked, swallowing her food. She was incredibly confused, and it was quite obvious by the look on her face.

"She couldn't possibly be-"

"I feel it, I know she is." Cinder interjected, Talon's eyes widened in bewilderment. They walked over to the edge of the room as to have a private conversation.

"How do you know we can trust her?" He whispered sternly. Cassandra could barely make out the words he was saying.

"Like I said, I feel it."

"And if she's not?"

"It's better than not trying at all."

Talon sighed in defeat and nodded.

"I'll stay here with the house, you guys can go."

Cinder walked up to Cassandra and reached out her hand.

"Come with me."

———

Sorry for the slow update! I'm in my senior year and my teachers have been freaking out abt graduation, getting marks in and etc bec of COVID-19. I hope you're all doing well! Stay safe, wash ur hands and practise social distancing! Love y'all!

- tangledtangents <3