Chapter 2: There wasn't a moment we were apart or when I forgot about you

Wei Ying woke up from his dream like state and found Jiang Cheng on the sofa in the VIP room, he slowly sat up and looked around, found a bottle with water on the side table, he bent to take the bottle and knocked down something else on the table. Jiang Cheng woke up startled and shot forward from the sofa, moved towards the side table, handed the bottle to Wei Ying. After drinking water, Wei Ying noted that his IV and vital monitor connectors were all removed, he looked at Jiang Cheng, caught his hand and asked " Where is he, is he alright, is he hurt badly, is he in danger, take me to him, I want to see him right now".

"You first tell me how you are feeling" seeing he won't get any response from his stubborn brother, he continued "He is fine, he hit his head pretty bad and had few glass pieces on his hands and legs, but it's nothing serious. Wen Qing made sure all the pieces are removed, his forehead has a long cut, but not deep and it wont scar. No major stitches, his whole body scan showed no fractures, no organs harmed and his head is fine. He is awake now and constantly asking about you"

He shook his head and took the emptied water bottle from Wei Ying, put it back on table and looked annoyingly at his brother and said "I don't understand you two, you haven't had a decent conversation with him in many years, but he risked his life to save you. You are also dying to run and see him as soon as you are properly awake after such a big incident"

I ignored all his words and asked "what do you mean by 'risked his life',tell me everything you know"

"I don't know the details, he was also unconscious for the whole night like you. Police were unable to take an official statement from him. He just woke up a few minutes ago and is only asking about you and not saying anything else. I will call Wen Qing, if she agrees, I will take you to him, until then. DO NOT MOVE" Jiang Cheng left the room saying this.

In a few seconds, the door opened and Wen Qing came in along with by Jiang Cheng.

"So, the first thing you ask about as soon as you wake up is ' where is my Lan Zhan', why don't you just profess your love and confess to him. I am fed up seeing you two dance around each other and pining away your youth" she said rolling her eyes at me.

"He's fine, you can go to him, he's been asking about you" after saying this, she turned towards Jiang Cheng and warned him "be careful with his leg, don't let him get up from the wheel chair and make sure he does not move them, the cast should not be disturbed"

"Okay Doctor, I will take care of my brother. Are you free in the evening today, wanna have dinner with me?" he asked hopefully, his head bent and all shy.

"In your dreams, how many times should I tell you. I will never fall for your childish tricks and treats. Make sure you bring him back in 10 minutes" she left the room as elegantly as possible, drawing a deep sigh from Jiang Cheng.

As he was helping me onto the wheel chair I asked him "why don't you be more like a man and just kidnap her off to one of your island resorts and not let her out till she says yes"

"Why don't you man up and say 'Lan Zhan, I have been in love with you forever, please be my forever'. At least I asked her out, all you two do is have cold war and silent staring contests. What are you waiting for, lighting to strike and mend your brain cells. You two almost died in each others arms, don't let ego ruin your happiness. If you want to beat him as the number 1 supermodel and then say 'I love you' just to satisfy your ego, then do it soon and get over with it. It isn't very difficult, he hasn't done much as a model these days anyways, he is solely concentrating on his designing and upcoming year end show. Take up his offer and become his model, walk on the 'Gusu' stage three or four times and you will shoot up to top in by next year" He said in a scolding tone as he settled me into my chair, pulled a shawl around me and placed another one on my thighs for warmth. He started pushing me out of room towards Lan Zhan.