0.

PROLOGUE-0

PROLOGUE
-0. unbowed, unbent, unbroken

H A R R E N H A L L
2 8 1. A C

IT STARTED WITH a tourney. Tourney was hosted by Lord Whent in the cursed castle of Harrenhal, in honor of his maiden daughter name day. It was grandest tourney in decades, and even Elia felt impressed. The rewards offered by Lord Whent were three time greater than those offered by Lord Tywin Lannister in last great tourney held in honor of Prince Viserys,her husband's long awaited sibling.

She suspected that her lord husband had his fingers in financing this luxury event, but she chose to keep mouth shut. If Rhaegar didn't want to share that information with her she didn't want to push him.

Since she finally managed to stay pregnant with the babe in her belly, Rhaegar started to move away from her in a way. She never felt so lonely in her life as she felt for past six months of her pregnancy.

Elia tried to convince herself that it was just his way off dealing with complications and possibility off her dying at childbirth because of his ridiculous prophecy. But deep down she knew that there were deeper reasons in his ignoring of her during this pregnancy.

In the way she was as happy as little child that she got a chance to attend tourney. She was finally reunited with her dearest and closest friend and companion Ashara. Elia hoped to spend as much time as possible with her, but unexpectedly someone else took Asharas attention. She didn't mind it, all the contrary she was happy her friend finally found a love, she found it funny have Ashara and Brandon fit perfectly in Rhaegar's prophecy.

How unlikely match. She hoped in a way that song of ice and fire was theirs.

King Aerys was there too, even though he didn't plan on coming. They were seated to near each other and she didn't feel right, most of all she she was scared for babe in her belly. She recalled birth of Rhaenys, her beloved daughter. After the complicated birth, Elia was left bedridden for a half of year, but nothing could stop Rhaegar to put into her another baby the moment she could get up from bed. Not even her life. She had no doubt that her husband would fire up whole seven kingdoms if it would mean his prophecy would be fulfilled.

She still remembered the tears she wept when she heard news from the capitol. Rhaegar went to King's Landing to present at court their newborn daughter. And even though she was embraced warmly by her grandmother good Queen Rhaella, her grandfather refused to even touch her, stating that she smelled Dornish.

But that was all behind her. She is every inch of Martel.Even if she seems to be weak and pathetic in everyone's eyes, Elia is far from that. Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Tourney took place over ten days and was finally going to end. In the way she felt reviled, this tourney ended up being nothing more than huge disaster. Starting with the that her father in love decided to show up after years of isolation.

Elia had her suspicions, she was almost sure that it was Lord Varys doing, warning king that Rhaegar, his son and heir, arranged it as a pretext to meet with high lords. To plot with them to remove his father king from the Iron Throne.

During past few days she was often thinking of the opening ceremony. About how Jamie Lannister was admitted into the order of the Kingsguard. It must have felt like a dream for him firstly, a dream that would soon take a form of nightmare. She laughed when she noticed how Aerys was thinking that crowd was cheering for him instead Jamie.

She recalled hopeful expression on Jamies face when he asked king if he could compete in the tourney next day. King simply commanded him to return to capital that night to guard over Rhealla and his precious Viserys.

Elia found herself often from that day lost in her thoughts, thinking how her life would be if she married Jamie instead Rhaegar. She would imagined herself happy, but it was just a dream, foolish dream for a women in her position. Or maybe she was just a dreamer, foolish one.

Than it was finally time for the final fight, it was time for the champion to rise. Ser Barristan, greatest knight of his time against Prince Rhaegar Targaryen,dragon Prince, her husband.

Elias heart pounded as Rhaegar unhorsed Barristan, becoming champion of the just.

He went to claim the champions crown, while the crowd claped for him. She was watching his every movement nervously waiting for him to came to her and crown her his queen of love and beauty.

When he rode past her to lay the crown of beauty to another's lap, her heat sank, all smiles died and she protectivly wraped her hands around her belly. Elia did not bend her head in gief or shame, she hold it high like true Martell.

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken.

A/N

This is only short intro.
Next nine chapters will be better I promise😅
So stay with me 😀