Chapter 1: Prisoner

A/N: Latent_Thoughts: This fic is the result of a heavy-duty RP between myself and EmeraldRoseQuartz. Hence, you'll notice that the writing flow and style is very different from my other fics. The perspective keeps switching from Loki to OFC, and so we've chosen different font identities from them. I'm very thrilled to share this story with you all.

EmeraldRoseQuartz: I'm a product of the early Yahoo Chat RPs of the late 90s, and when Latent_Thoughts mentioned it might be fun to try an RP story, I knew it would be fun...and I was right! The story (and the smut, of course) are just delightful. Don't let the unique storytelling format throw you off - once you get into it, you won't be able to stop!

__________________________

IMPORTANT NOTES

Bold Text = Loki's POV

Normal Text = Iona's POV

__________________________

Iona grumbled to herself while she carried the dusty old books to the dungeons.

"Take the books to the prince. Take the wine...take the damned raudrberries. They're his favourite! As if there's nothing better for me to do. Norns, I sometimes despise this station. This wasn't why I had become the queen's lady-in-waiting."

The magical garb provided by the queen protected her, so she didn't bother about keeping her volume low. At least she could air her frustrations this way before reaching her destination, which was bound to annoy her to no end.

When she reached the prince's cell, she stepped in through the one-way magical barrier and dumped the books onto his table without so much as a greeting to him.

"The queen sent these for you," she stated primly, looking down her nose at Loki.

She didn't even hide the disdain in her voice this time around. He was a disgraced royal now; he had no one's favour save for the queen's. And that certainly didn't shield him from Iona's burning contempt.

"If his royal highness needs anything, he may tell me. Though, I don't guarantee that it will be delivered to you."

She smirked as he turned to glare at her.

"Ah, Iona. So lovely to see you again," Loki growled sarcastically as he lounged on the divan, returning to the book he had been reading...though why he should continue to entertain himself with THAT now that she was here...

"Anything new in the outside world? Perhaps a death, or a coup, or a sneaky little minx that might accidentally cause my release?" He smirked and watched for her reaction.

She laughed acerbically at his insinuation.

"Oh please. As if releasing you will do anyone any favours. I happen to think that you're finally in a place where you belong," she quipped, sniffing haughtily, knowing that he hated seeing her act like this. "Though the queen, bless her sweet heart, has a soft spot for you the size of the Yggdrasil, even she won't think of doing it, I believe. She knows that her son is a walking, talking bad influence, an inglorious wretch ."

"Ooooh 'inglorious wretch.' Look at you, learning new insults. How long have you been waiting to call me THAT one, sweetling?" Loki stood, eyes still locked on her as he brought himself to his full height, intentionally becoming as intimidating as possible. He stared her down as he walked slowly towards her, taking long and languorous steps, almost panther-like.