On Infernal Grounds (part 1)

[OLD CHURCH]

LILITH: The ley lines do not lie, my son. The energy is plentiful here. Soon, you will return my embrace.
Magnus, Alec, Jace, Izzy, Simon, and Maia all glare at the screen.

[ALICANTE]

CLARY: [voice over] I stand before my fellow Shadowhunters to receive the rune of the Angel. I take this mark to honor Him. To bring His light into me. To join the ranks of the Shadowhunters, the guardians of peace.

"I'm still proud of her," Luke said out loud causing everyone to look at him.
"Clary's very determined, throughout her entering the shadow world she became a great shadowhunter," Izzy answered quietly trying not to start crying.

[A Silent Brother draws the rune of the Angel on Clary's wrist.]

IMOGEN: This rune of Angelic Power is well-deserved and long overdue. You are no longer a Shadowhunter in training. You have defeated our greatest enemy. Valentine may have used the Mortal Instruments to raise the Angel Raziel, but you prevented a wish from being granted. Clarissa Fairchild, may your heroism be a shining example to Shadowhunters across the world. Congratulations.

"Go Fray!" Simon suddenly yelled while jumping off the couch. Everyone started laughing at his dramatic actions. Well almost everyone, the only people not laughing were Izzy and Jace. Jace because he just got hit in the face by Simon's hand and Izzy because Simon knocked her off the couch. If looks could kill Simon would be dead again from Izzy's glare. Simon seemed to finally realize what he did, and helped Izzy off the ground with a sheepish look on his face.

[Everyone starts clapping. Clary looks at the public and smiles.]

[Clary approaches Izzy and Alec.]

ISABELLE: Congratulations!

CLARY: Thank you.

[Izzy and Clary hug.]

"Clary gave the best hugs," Izzy said out of nowhere, but everyone had to agree. Even Jace agreed but he still had the same wistful smile on his face.

ALEC: How did it feel?

[Clary looks down at the mark on her wrist.]

CLARY: Uh... it hurt. [chuckles] No, it was amazing. It's just embarrassing with all these people around.

ISABELLE: Don't be embarrassed. You are the hero of Alicante. You went hand to hand with Valentine and killed him. So stop being so modest. I'm gonna go look for Mom.

CLARY: Okay.

ALEC: What you did was impressive. But there's more to the story, isn't there?

"Wow, Alexander you decided to interrogate as soon as you could didn't you," Magnus jokes with the boy seemed next to him. Alec wouldn't admit to it, but looking back at it he was kind of embarrassed.

CLARY: I told you everything I know, Alec.

"Liar," Alec mumbled under his breath, but Magnus heard and gave him a slight reproaching look.

ALEC: Did you? [lowering his voice] I felt Jace die. He says he has no idea why, but I know he's lying.

"Well now I know the truth," Alex stayed looking towards Jace. Jace noticed his look and rolled his eyes with a slight smile. Besides the fact that he missed Clary and just everything about her, he missed Alec and her constantly arguing over every possible thing.

CLARY: Maybe you felt him being impaled. It was pretty serious injury–

ALEC: My parabatai rune disappeared. How do you explain that?