Chapter 2

Soon after Stella left, the man and the woman led Eldria into the house and sat her down in the living room.

"So, Eldria, tell us about yourself," the man asked.

Eldria bit her lip, "Um, well I like books, and sleep"

the women laughed "Don't we all dear, don't we all!" Eldria nodded. "I also like to eat and draw." She finished.

The man nodded. "I could take you to my work one day if you want. I'm an artist."

Eldria nodded and got up. "Could I go to my room? I really want to sleep." she said.

The women nodded. "Of course. It's the last room in the hallway."

The last room was probably the biggest except for the master bedroom. Somehow. The people knew that she loved books because there was a tall bookshelf. But there wasn't a signal book on it. "It's meant for you to fill up" said a person behind Eldria, Eldria turned around to see the man

. "But, I don't have any books,"

she said, looking down. The man laughed joyfully, "Oh, really, and what's that copy of Little Women there then?"

he pointed to her backpack which she had never fully closed and the book peeking out of the corner. Eldria scrambled to put it away. The man laughed again, "Well if that's not a book, and you don't have any then we'll just have to go to the book shop a short trip from here to fill it up won't we?" Eldria nodded.

"Get some rest, you have school tomorrow"

he said, and walked out of the room, closing the door. Eldria sighed, she had been here for less than 24 hours and they were already making her go to school? Most of the houses she had been to had let her stay home for the first week, but then they would let her go, "To let you get settled in" her last foster family had said, "We don't want to rush things on you". Eldria sighed once again and pulled out her things from her bag. There were only a few things. Her book, a few t-shirts, a pair of socks, and her toothbrush and toothpaste. She dumped it all on the bed. Not her bed, the bed.

She looked around the room once more, the walls were painted a bright white and the roof was painted yellow with white polka dots. She saw two doors on either side of the room. One on the side of where the door to the hallway was , the other on the side when the window seat was. She knew the one on the side with the window seat was the closet, the door was open, but what was the other?, carefully she went to the door and opened it. It was a bathroom, clean marble countertops and a white and yellow flooring. Eldria had lived in lots of houses, one in Chicago, one in Las Vegas, even one in Texas, but never one with her own bathroom.

On the counter was a note.

Thought you might like your own space, as a girl I know how important it is to have our own place to ourselves.

-Faith

Eldria guessed that was the woman's name. She went back in the room to get her toothbrush and toothpaste and put it in the bathroom.

Eldria sighed, she put her things at the corner and climbed into the bed, she laid her head on the soft pillow.