Letters

It was a difficult for me to open the envelope, I knew exactly what it was. I hadn't heard from him years, since we were kids. I sighed this had to be done. I let myself brake the seal and look down at the folded lined paper that was there. I pulled out the paper and started to read over it.

Isabelle,

I know it's been a while, but I'm not sorry for the distance. You needed this. I would not be dragging you back into this, but I've reached the end of what I can do alone. I've been discovered, and not just by the cops.  I thought getting myself locked up would be safer. I thought the cops were the good guys, but I was wrong.  You were right Isabelle, the only people we can trust is each other.

I know I did a lot to you, I know I hurt you.  I left you alone at the worst possible time with no answers and for that I am sorry, but I also know that it was safer for you to not tell you anything. You're free and I'm behind bars.

I can't tell you where I berried the research, they are reading all of my corespondents. I have hidden it in a place only we would know. 

You remember that old book we read in English our fourth year? I miss that old detective. They still let me read here, I will be trying to help you as much as I can.

I'll send another letter soon.

Kipp

I sighed and shoved the letter away, this could not be happening.  I was not going to go risking my life again. Not the life of my family.

I promised myself I was done with that life.

But Kipp always had a way of pulling me back into my old habits.