Goodbye, Mystic Falls

Epilogue

"New Orleans?" Rebekah asks and I'm sitting on the end of the desk thing listening to the family gossip. She peers back at her brother, awaiting an answer.  "What hell is Klaus doing there?"

"Evidently, there are witches conspiring against him so knowing our brother, this was a mission to silence and slaughter," Elijah answers and places his hand on my thigh as he leans against the table.

"I hope he gets slaughtered," I mutter under my breath and Elijah looks at me disappointingly and Rebekah chuckles.

"Well, the French Quarter Witches are not a lot to be trifled with," Rebekah responds, "You don't suppose they have found a way to kill him once and for all do you?" Rebekah asks as a smirk grows across her face.

"If only," I sigh.

"Gabby," Elijah scolds and I shrug with a grin, "And, Rebekah, in the name of our family you might try to dial down your glee."

"What family? We're three distrustful acquaintances who happen to share a bloodline," Rebekah explains, "I, for one, hope they've found a way to make that traitorous bastard rot."

**

"I have to say my goodbyes, Elijah," I explain as he grabs my hands, "I'll meet you in New Orleans."

"I don't like the idea of you traveling alone," Elijah admits.

"I'm an all powerful tribrid who cannot be killed, I think I'll be fine," I respond and he chuckles just a bit. Honestly, can't wait to get out of this town.

"Fine," He agrees and I press a kiss to his lips.

"I'll see you in a couple of hours," He frowns and pulls me into another kiss. I wrap my arms around him and he does the same to me, "I love you," I tell him as we pull away.

"And I love you."

***

I take a deep breath before I enter the Salvatore Boarding house. Every one made time to say goodbye to me. Even Bonnie is here standing next to Matt and Tyler.

Wait, Tyler?

Hmm, guess he ain't on the run anymore. I mean with Klaus gone why would he run?

"Gabby," Caroline says with a large frown and tears in her eyes. She rushes over to me and embraces me. Soon Bonnie is doing the same, "I'm going to miss you so much!"

"I'll miss you too, Caroline, and I'll miss you Bonnie," I tell them as a tear spills from Bonnie's eye.

"Promise this isn't goodbye forever," Bonnie asks and I nod.

"This isn't forever."

The two girls back away to let Matt and Tyler say their goodbyes. Tyler is the first to embrace me. Tightly, might I add.

"Freshmen year was a blast with you so was sophomore year," He says with a grin and I roll my eyes at him, "But I will miss you and your harshness. If you ever need anything, call."

I nod and Matt hugs me.

"I'm going to miss you, Matt," I sigh and he pulls away with a nod, "You were always there for me."

Katherine is the next to say goodbye.

"Bye far you're my favorite Gilbert even though you had Elijah play me," She says with half a shrug.

"Don't hesitate to call if you need me, Katherine," I tell her and she nods.

I move to hug Stefan, "Tell Elena I said Goodbye," He nods and releases me.

"Why are you leaving?" Damon demands as I approach him. He has a drink in his hand and a huge frown on his face.

I sigh, "Mystic Falls and I need a LONG break."

He sets down his drink, "I don't want you to go," He admits and I embrace him quickly.

"I have too."

He holds me tightly for many moments before releasing me. He grabs my right hand and peers down at the daylight ring he gave to me, "Don't forget me."

"Never," I respond and embrace him one more time before saying goodbye to them all.

Finally.

I'm free.

This town has caused me nothing buy pain. This is where my parents died. Where Caroline died. Where my aunt died. Where my uncle died Where my brother died. Where Alaric died. Where Elena died and where I died.

I'm finally going to get to my own person.

Maybe one day I'll come home and forgive Elena. And maybe Jeremy will get to come back and live out his life. He deserves it. He didn't deserve to die like that.

None of us deserved to die. Period.

But life happens.

I hope the best for everyone here. They deserve to be happy and I hope that Silas gets what he wants and dies.

Speaking of that, New Orleans is the perfect place to bring Kol back to life. I hope he doesn't mind waiting a tad bit longer. He'll have to be patient because I can't rush it.

I step out the door and breathe in the fresh air. Quickly I make my way to my car and lena back in my seat for a moment.

I get to leave.

Goodbye Mystic Falls and Hello New Orleans.

A/N:

This was my first wattpad book and now it's finished BUT there will be a sequel don't worry.

I hope you have enjoyed Gabby's adventure in Mystic Falls.

But now she's going to New Orleans.

Who do you think she'll befriend? Or hate?

What are some things you want to see in the second book? I'm open to suggestions and would love to hear what you think.

Anyways, I appreciate all the reads and votes, thank you so much. I hope you enjoyed the last chapter.

The sequel will be out soon!!!

Have a good night or morning, depending on when you read this.

💕💕💕