Chapter 2

Excuse me, I'mma What? 

       I rush out the museum and fly down the stairs, almost knocking over Nathan. Oops. I still am trying to speed walk past him when he grabs my arm. 

     "Watch it, I hope Miss Kerr whipped your ass" he mutters, glaring into my eyes. Creep. Wait. 

     "Who's Miss Kerr" I ask, she was not her a few minutes ago. 

     "Our algebra teacher duh. What are you stupid or something" He replied, rolling his eyes. 

      "Okay, so do you know where Mr. Brunner is?" I ask intending to get answers. He knows about Mrs. Dodds. He will tell me what is happening.

      "Where he was ten minutes ago Moron." he answers while shoving past me. 

       "Thanks Asshole" I mutter speed walking over to Grover first. I have to see if he knows anything. 

        You see Grover can't lie, his face gives it away. His eyes dilate and his eyebrows furrow, slowly you can hear him start to stutter more and more. If Grover knows anything I can get it out of him in a few minutes, easily. I strut over to the fountain where Grover is sitting, just like I left him.  I take one look at him and can see that I'm going to know more about my situation. This is the problem with us being such close friends. I can see right through every expression. 

      "So Grover, do you remember when Miss Kerr got here?" I ask. It may seem strange but trust me. 

       "Uh, right after Christmas, remember" he said while his eyes dilated. Gotcha. 

       "Right silly me, I just seemed to forget that she was here" I say suspiciously, "Almost like she just appeared today" 

    He now knows that I'm onto him. Before he can speak again i continue, 

    "You know it was strange, Miss Kerr didn't want me to get a shirt for Nathan. She actually didn't punish me at all. Which is strange since she was so mad, right?" 

      "Y-yes very" He stutters out. I almost have him. 

      "You would also think that Mr. Brunner would have come over to the commotion since I saw him inside" as I was saying this Grover looked over to Mr. Brunner who was still reading. Although I could see him look over at us every few seconds. 

      "I also saw you in there, didn't I?" almost have him, "There is no Miss Kerr is there?" 

       I have him. I can see his eyes dilate fully and he starts to stutter out a response but I continue, 

        "What was Mrs. Dodds, Grover? I know she was on this field trip, before I-I, killed her." I state, now saying it out loud makes it so much worse.

         "Why don't we go see Mr. Brunner," he says getting up quickly. 

        This, I have to say, is the fastest I've ever seen him hobble, shockingly enough. When we get to Mr. Brunner they share a look and without a word muttered, Mr. Brunner puts his stuff away and starts to wheel away.  

       "What is happening?" I ask, curiosity, surprise, and fear all leak into my voice. 

        "I'll explain later Andromeda" Mr. Brunner answers, picking up his pace. He quickly wheels himself past the gates, going away from the bus. What. 

         "Why aren't we going towards the bus?" I blurt out. This time Grover answers, 

         "Other transportation has been planned. Don't worry, all your stuff is being brought to your Aunts house" He says steering me towards Mr. Brunner, who is stopped next to a bright white car.