Chapter 2

The Akids and robots had landed on the deserted planet Tatooine and had left the now damaged escape pod and began their long journey walking across the rugged desert. 

"How did we get into this mess?" 3po asked the group. 

"I honestly do not know" Ann replied. 

"To be honest, when we were asked to be sent out on this mission this isn't what I was expecting" Brock admitted. 

"I bet we all wish we were lost in a forest instead right now" David tried making a joke, which only earned him groans from the rest of the group as they were all pretty beaten down by the sun's scorching rays. 

"We seem to be made to suffer" 3po sulked. "It's our lot in life"

"Amen to that" Cynthia agreed with the protocol droid. 

The gang continued walking along, kicking up clouds of sand. 

"I wonder how far we have to go to find this Wan Kenobi character?..." Ann thought out loud. 

"I've got to rest before I fall apart" 3po begged the kids. "My joints are almost frozen" 

"Oh, we've only been walking for 15 minutes" Brock told the golden robot. "We're bound to run into someone soon" 

The misfit group of kids and robots soon came over a hill only to find... absolutely nothing. They looked around seeing it was nothing more than a sandy covered wasteland that went on for miles. 

"What a desolate place this is" 3po commented. 

The helpless Akids groaned, having no idea where they were suppose to go now. 

David sighed. "We must be more lost then we thought..." 

Just then, R2 whistled, turning right. 

"R2?" The Akids wondered why the little astro droid was heading off in that direction. 

3po turned to his companion. "Where do you think you're going?"

R2 stopped, turning to his friends while making beeping sounds. 

"I think he wants us to follow him" Ann said. 

"Well, I'm not going that way" 3po argued. "This way is much easier" 

"He's right. It's much too rocky" Cynthia agreed with the protocol droid before then asking the others. "Besides, what makes you think there are settlements over there?" 

R2 continued making beeping sounds which the kids didn't understand. 

Cynthia groaned in annoyance. "Can somebody please translate the walking techno trashcan?"

"He thinks the guy we're searching for our mission is that way" Brock told the others, making an attempt to figure what the astro droid was saying. 

"What mission?" 3po was confused, still not knowing what was going on. "What are you talking about?" 

"The mission! Remember, we promised Princess Leia we would deliver these secret battle plans to Obi-Wan Kenobi?" David explained while R2 continued making series of beeping noises. 

Cynthia had lost it at this point and blurted out towards her friends. "WE HAVE NO IDEA WHERE HE IS! We don't even know where we're going! One wrong decision and we could all end up being food for some desert monster or worse!" 

3po too was tired of hearing all this nonsense about R2's mission. 

"I've just about had enough of you!" The protocol droid seemed to glare at his friend.