ch. 01 ; mangoes & waffles

"Is it true?" Chaeyoung whispers, barely audible. "Please, tell me it's not true Lisa."

I try to look at her with as much confidence as I could, but all I can see in her glassy eyes is pain. Tears full of hurt and sadness.

I gulp out of nervousness. I then take a deep breath and exhale, as I hold Chae's hands in mine, gently rubbing her fingers with my thumb. I muster up as much courage as i can, "I don't love him back, Chae," I softly answer her, "and I never will. I swear on our friendship."

A tear rolls down her cheek as she quickly wipes it away, softly smiling at me while chuckling. We both knew that if we ever swore on our friendship, it was genuine and serious. "I don't know what I'd do without you by my side, Lalice. Always remember that I love you no matter what." I slowly smile back and weakly reply, "I love you too, Rosie, always."

The realization struck in my mind and deep within my heart, whilst hugging Chaeyoung in my arms. I sulk in disappointment and disbelief, in myself.

I'm sorry Chae, for lying to your face for the first time ever.

༉‧₊˚✧

FLASHBACK
5 months ago [Nov. 2018]

"Yah, Park Chaeyoung! He doesn't deserve you, okay? Boys never know how to properly treat a girl. It's his loss-" I cut Jennie unnie off, "Yes unnie, I think she gets the idea," I curl up onto the bed next to Chae as I backhug her. She loves those. "but Jen's right. You deserve better, to be treated and loved better." I say to her with sympathy in my eyes.

"Look, it's been two weeks Rosie, you need to get over him, I'm sure you two can still be good friends. Bangtan is a good group of boys," Jisoo unnie slowly walks out of the room after getting interrupted by Jennie. "Yeah right," she scoffs, "like his reason to break things off was any good." Jen adds with a scowl.

"It's the entertainment industry, and we're all in it. I don't get why he just threw everything away between you two just because it was getting hectic?" Jennie unnie contemplates out loud. "I-I don't get it either, but it's alright. As long as he's hap-"

"No, focus on being happy, yourself, Chae. Stop worrying about him." I persistently remind her, cutting off her repetitive words. "Yeah, I know Lis," she softly replies, "but him out of all people should've known that I'm a very understandable person..." she says with tears flowing down her cheeks. She has always been the sensitive type, and it breaks my heart to see her in this state.

We hear the door open again, to see Jisoo walking in and setting down a huge bowl of cubed-cut mangoes in front of Chaeyoung, "Gomawo, unnie." she smiles while chopping on her first piece. Mangoes were a literal weakness for her. We all sigh as I pulled everyone into a group hug, as me, Jennie, and Jisoo unnie shower all of our "I love you's" on Chaeyoung, making her giggle. Mission accomplished.

We all shared a bit of small talk with one another, before finally leaving Chaeyoung's room to go to our own beds, for it was almost midnight. I hug her goodnight and smile to her, "Goodnight, Chae." I whisper.

I close her door and sigh. Walking back to my room, I see Leo and Luca already curled up on my bed. I silently giggle as I tidy up my room before carefully snuggling up next to my two babies. I smile as I see Luca yawn, revealing his sharp fangs, before drifting off to slumber omce again.