III - RK800, The Prototype

Connor POV

Connor POV

☆°~♡~°☆

I followed Lieutenant Anderson into the captains office with Detective Grey behind us.

The Lieutenant sat down in the chair as Detective Grey stood behind him, and me behind them.

"I've got ten new cases involving androids on my desk every day."

The captain spoke

"We've always had isolated incidents. Old ladies losing their android maids and that kinda crap. But now, we're getting reports of assaults and even homicides, like that guy last night."

I saw the Detective shiver a little at the mention of the corpse from the night before. Were they cold?

"This isnt just CyberLifes problem anymore, it's now a criminal investigation and we've gotta deal with it before the shit hits the fan. I want you two to investigate these cases and see if theres any link."

"Why me- uh us!"

Lieutenant Anderson corrected himself as Detective Grey gave him a look,

"Why do we gotta be the ones to deal with this shit?"

The captain looked at the Detective,

"Do you have a problem Grey?"

He asked, calling them by their surname.

"Not a problem sir."

They said, folding their arms, I could tell by their stress levels they were telling the truth.

The Lieutenant shook his head, leaning forward in his seat

"I am the least qualified cop in the country to handle this case! I know jack shit about androids, Jeffery! I can barely change the settings on my own phone..."

Lieutenant Anderson said, trying to convince the captain who was annoyed.

"Everyones overloaded. I think you're perfectly qualified for this type of investigation."