•Night•

I lounged on Breaker watching the sky change colors, it changed from light blue to pink and purple.

"I'm hungry." I talked the breaker.

He lifted his head and made a light whine.

"Well then let's eat." I told him and pushed myself up.

I got up and started to pop what I could. I looked at my gauntlets. I had put them on after I fed the cows.
I looked at them chomping away, I turned looking at things that popped up and then refocused on my hunger. I lingered a bit before finally heading into my house to find something to eat.
Digging in the freezer my phone started to ring. I pulled back to see who or what it was.

"Hello?"

"Hey (y/n),"

"What?

"We're here with (2s/n) and we should be at your house around five in the afternoon. So we'll call you when we're about an hour away."

"Alright, ill talk to you then."

"Alright, bye."

She hung up and I huffed getting back to whatever I was doing. I didn't find anything useful other then the deer meat I just cut. I grabbed two big chunks and decided it should hold over till tomorrow morning I hope. Pulling the cold but not frozen meat out and I stared to season it. I rubbed it in oil, a bit of ginger to kill the smell, then onto a few different spices I usually used. I thought about the grill I had in the garage, it ran on charcoal but I'm sure wood would work just fine. I nodded to my own thought and left to the garage to pull it out.
After pulling it out into the drive way I decided on moving it to the back yard, and so I did. All that was left was to get some of the precut logs I had and start burning. I went inside to get a light and the meat along with some grill tongs I had. I started the fire and waited for it to grow to an even rate all around and then laid the meat on. It sizzled and started to leak juices, it smelt amazing. I remember I had unions I could grill  and hurried into grab some. Coming back out I threw them in the Grill. Breaker had come to sit by my side just as I closed the grill.

"Should we have potatoes or macaroni?" I asked him.

He didn't really answer just let his tongue flop out as he panted.

"Both sound like a great idea to me to." I nodded and he jumped up front paws on the counter top.

Inside the house I put the macaroni to boil and made mashed potatoes out of a box due to not having fresh potatoes. Remembering the meat I almost literally ran outside and got it off the grill. It was on the edge of burning but not just yet. I dropped it into the pan and headed back inside to finish the macaroni and make some gravy. Breaker sat by my side the whole time and pup stayed by his side. This went on until I finished everything.

"Do you know where Chopper is Breaker?" I asked over my shoulder.

He let out a whine, I guess not.

"Looks like you and pup get to eat first then." I got half of one of the big chunks of meat and placed it into the plate I gave Breaker yesterday. "I'll bring pups plate so he can eat with you."
After feeding the two, I waited around wondering if Chopper would show up soon. Nothing yet. So I started to eat. By the time I finished I heard an all to familiar growl.
"Calm down big boy, we save you food." I mumbled and stood not bothering to look back. I fixed a plate and stacked three good sized pieces of meat.
I placed the plate in-front of him and let him eat while I started to wash my dishes.
It started to settle in, my family is going to be here tomorrow I have a seven foot alien and dog in my house, in who knows how long my life is going to change and I'm going to risk my life for some Yautja lady I didn't even know so she can prove innocence or something to her family, but she died so now I have to take her place? That's probably not even how this works.
I shivered and leaned against the counter shirt wet from the water I was being splashed with.

"So I'm crazy, no doubt. But where and when is this whole....alien thing?" I asked looking at Chopper.

He looked at me and then away eating more meat. Ignored, oof.

"My family is coming tomorrow, they're not exactly...open to the thought of other non worldly things so if you don't mind, for the next two or three weeks, I don't think you can exactly walk around like a free range pony anymore." I tilted my head looking at him.

He let out what sounded like a huff and finished his meat.
"You need to train." Was all he said.
"Yeah. I know, but not this month. Not November. Maybe December."
"The last day of the human year, Is when you'll need to go." He looked at me, his expression unreadable.
"Oh... then I'll come up with an excuse to not go to Christmas. I didn't want to anyway." I mumbled.

I headed out the back door to do a final check in the animals. It was dark,so it was a bit hard but I got through it. I came back in and made my way to my room changing into a grey long sleeve and black boy shirts. I got into my bed letting the cold blankets weigh me down. I sighed feeling Breaker come up and place his snout on my back since I was face down in my pillows.
He let out a whine and then a weird dog yawn.

"I don't know what I'm going to do." I mumbled and sighed letting my chest deflate.
My chest hurt where the marks were burned in. Just as I turned my head to the side to see Chopper standing there. I sighed and patted the big space to my side.
"We're just friends." I whispered.
He made a clicking noise and I closed my eyes trying to sleep.
I woke up in the middle of the night, Breaker was howling, I was on my back sitting up. I looked out the window full of fear. It was another dog? It was creeping around the yard, sniffing around the sleeping cows. It looked like a more hellish version of Breaker. It looked at the window and I froze. I felt fear run cold. I shook my head and got back in bed.
"Shh, it'll go away soon." I mumbled to Breaker.

Letting my fear take over I pushed myself closer to Chopper. Forget about being friends, he's going to be a guard a now. I squished into his side and squished Breaker into my free side, Breaker pulled pup close to its stomach, and curled around him. Chopper shifted moving the whole bed. He clicked and turned to his side. I sucked in a breath and hoped he wouldn't wake up. I turned my back to his chest, I would've faced him but the feeling of my back being exposed always put me on edge. I grabbed his arm and pulled it over myself and then the blanket. He won't even notice a thing. I pulled Breaker and pup closer, I'll be fine, I have basically a 8 to 9 foot Yautja and an alien dog. They can stop a dog.
I couldn't sleep immediately, I let my sigh fall in vain over the dark room. I couldn't really make out anything until my eyes adjusted.
I yawned feeling the adrenaline waiting down and sleep flooding in. I sniffles and closed my eyes, finally falling asleep when I heard clicks.

(I apologize for not updating sooner, I managed to get into Harvard and things got heavy on my side.)