Chapter 2

The next day, Aziraphale arrived at Crowley's flat at 9:30 am. He had waited for as long as he could take, knowing that Crowley often enjoyed sleeping in. Aziraphale didn't sleep, unless he was really drained.

The angel knocked on the door. He heard some sounds from inside, kind of like someone falling, cursing, and then striding towards the door.

Crowley opened the door, looking quite disheveled. He was still in what he fell asleep wearing, plus his sunglasses since he didn't know who his visitor was. "Angel? What are you doing here? It's so early! I-" he interrupted himself and swallowed when he saw that Aziraphale was holding a beautiful bouquet of flowers. "Are those for me?"

"Why yes, dear," Aziraphale smiled brightly, a bit of blush covering his cheeks, as he held out the flowers.

Crowley accepted them and stepped back from the door, allowing Aziraphale to enter the flat. "What brings you here so early this morning?" He looked at the angel intently.

"Well... I was thinking we could go for a stroll!" Aziraphale said brightly. Crowley's heart melted. He wanted to be mad at the angel for waking him up and causing him to fall out of the chair he passed out in, but he just couldn't! This bloody idiot was the sweetest being on the planet. And he was Crowley's!

He tried and utterly failed to suppress his smile. "That... sounds lovely, angel. I... uh... have to get dressed. Would you uh... mind putting these in a vase?" He handed Aziraphale the flowers.

"Oh, of course," Aziraphale started to look for a vase in the cupboards while Crowley went to his room to get dressed. After some searching, Aziraphale found a rather nice pewter vase to put the flowers in. He set them on the countertop and admired his gift for the demon while he waited for him to return.

Crowley came back in another all black outfit. He had skinny jeans, a button up shirt, a stylish leather jacket, and his silver tasseled tie.

"Ah! You look rather smashing!" Aziraphale commented when Crowley entered the room. He was still wary of being too forward, but now there was nothing stopping him, other than nerves of course.

Internally, Crowley was back to his fits of laughter from last night. Externally, he wore a small, closed-mouth smile. "Well you're nothin' less than a sight for sore eyes yourself, angel," he replied flirtatiously. Aziraphale smiled at the flowers abashedly, glanced at Crowley, and then returned his gaze to the flowers with a bit more blush on his cheeks.

Aziraphale gave a small cough as he regained his composure. "Would you like to head out now, love?" the angel offered his arm to the demon.

"Sure thing, angel," Crowley picked up his sunglasses from the counter and took Aziraphale's arm.

"'Right then," Aziraphale said, and they walked out of Crowley's flat, arm in arm.

~×~

They didn't discuss where they were headed, but their feet had apparently agreed on leading them to St James's Park. They were now seated on the same bench they had occupied many times before. Their arms were no longer linked, but that definitely did not stop them from sitting as close as possible to each other. Now that they knew no one from Heaven or Hell was watching (and even if they were- they didn't dare take any action), they felt secure enough to do, and talk about, anything they want.

At the moment, they were exchanging quips about the people around them. "That woman has such a gorgeous pair of shoes," Aziraphale commented, slyly pointing to a woman with red and white spectator shoes.

"Ah those are quite nice... like something you'd wear.... Aha! That bloke's got a stiffy," Crowley leaned towards Aziraphale to say this with more subtlety.

"Crowley!" the angel turned red but laughed when he saw the demon's mischievous grin.

"Hmm... that little boy has very nice hair!" Aziraphale pointed to a boy with a short, curly, red mop of hair.

"Quite similar to my hair..." Crowley stared closely at Aziraphale in order to properly examine his response.

"Oh no, dear, yours is much better... much more... fiery!" Aziraphale ruffled the demon's hair. When he moved his hand back down, instead of returning it to his own lap, he rested it atop Crowley's. The demon flipped his hand over and allowed their fingers to intertwine. Aziraphale smiled at him.

"Angel...?" Crowley said after a few seconds of silence.

"Yes, love?"

"Whatever happened to us going 'too fast?' I mean, we talked about marriage last night," the demon asked the question that had been occupying his mind since the angel had called him.

"Oh well..." Aziraphale looked away, embarrassed by the memory, "I suppose it's something I've wanted for a while... I was just afraid to act upon my feelings because of our respective head offices. And now... I'm determined to do this right. I love you, Crowley, and I want to marry you, this much has been true for centuries. But I want to earn this. I want you to marry a gentleman," Aziraphale spoke these words with a certainty that was rather rare for him.

"Isn't that... quite human of you? These are all human rituals, are they necessary for us?" Crowley considered his own question as much as Aziraphale did.

Aziraphale just smiled. "They may not be necessary... but that certainly didn't stop you."

"Didn't- what on earth are you talking about, angel?" Crowley repositioned to face Aziraphale even more.

The angel continued to look forward with only quick glances to Crowley, as he responded, "Well... weren't you... flirting with me for thousands of years? That's pretty human of you," he looked to Crowley's blushing face while he made the last remark.

Crowley stuttered for a bit, "Point taken... And I have no issues with your wooing, if that seemed implicated," he added quickly.

"This seems to be working out quite wonderfully," Aziraphale squeezed Crowley's hand lovingly before leaning his head on the demon's shoulder.

"Angel," Crowley sighed, "you'll make me go soft!"

"Aw, you're a demon, I don't think you can ever go fully soft," Aziraphale smiled again, emphasizing 'fully.'

"If  someone was going to make me go soft, you'd be the angel for the job," Crowley smiled tenderly, and Aziraphale's smile grew. 

~!~
That was the second part! Thank you so much for reading <3 Please remember to vote and comment if you liked it :)