i

◤𝓐 𝓝𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓘𝓷 ◢

Long ago, when Korea was split and ruled by district, came 3 young kings. They were the kings of the seemingly biggest rival kingdoms in the country. For an unknown reason, the citizens of these kingdoms could not stand each other. Attacks were laced along the borders of each city, but none inside the borders themselves as the people were wary of war. Had one broke out, it would mean the end of the entire country, a fate no one wanted. 

These kings lived by titles in the public. They were only known as King Jung of Gwangju, King Min of Daegu, and King Kim of Ilsan. They hardly appeared in public but were nonetheless loved by their subjects for their ways of leading and attitude towards the district. 

While the Kings did love to talk to and open up to their subjects, they loved talking to and opening up to each other more. It was the best-kept secret in the country, the fact that the kings saw each other in secret. They couldn't help it. It was already bad that their kingdoms were rivals, but it was even worse that the high council saw same-sex couples unfit and gross which therefore made them illegal. Kings breaking the law. 

Haven't heard that one before.

Their long-lasting and loving affair and legacy all started by chance on a day that was like any other. The high council was holding a meeting between all of the royals of Korea for some upcoming issue about taxes (You see, even though the high council didn't have as much authority as the royals, they were still the only ones the kings could trust to help them handle dealing with problems that affected the districts.) and they were making their way to the Grand Hall where the council resided in the center of Seoul. On the way there, a large storm blew over the area forcing people to find residence until it passed. Our lovers happened to find themselves all piled into a small inn on the outskirts of Seoul. This is where our story begins.

"Hello! Does anyone work this damn counter! God, I knew I should have left earlier, maybe then I'd be in a place with better service." A gruff voice yelled, mumbling the last sentence to himself. He banged his fist down on the wooden counter in front of him in annoyance. 

The fist belonged to a man of average height with ink-black hair styled loosely around his head, ends resting on his eyebrows with skin as pale as moonlight. He wore a dark blue cropped blazer with gold buttons that had tassels the same shining color spread across his chest in a curved pattern tucked into black tuxedo pants that seemed a little too tight around the back. His feet wore leather black slippers and his head a golden crown encrusted with diamonds and large sapphires that slanted off his head a bit, creating a laid back look for the royal figure.

A middle-aged woman came rushing in and behind the counter, holding up her slightly dirty dress and whispering apologies in as calm a voice she could muster. "I-I'm dearly sorry, your majesty. I apologize for making you wait. H-how may I help you?" 

"I need a room for tonight. Preferably one that was larger than what you give normal customers." The lords' expression was solemn, striking more nerve into the innkeeper who needed to deliver unfortunate news.

"I'm s-sorry your majesty, we only have one room left, and it's not a very large one. It has 1 large bed and an attached washroom, but that's it." The man looked outside at the blackening sky, already knowing every other place would be filled to the brim along with no time to find anyplace else.

"Fine, I'll take it," he grumbled, reluctant and annoyed. "Could you please show me to my room now."

"O-of course your majesty. Right this way." The woman motioned to a set of stairs leading to a second floor. She took the lead and lead him to the second-floor hall. They walked in silence until she stopped in front of a wooden door and bowed. "Your room, King Min."