iii

◤𝓣𝓲𝓵 𝓘 𝓢𝓮𝓮 𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓐𝓰𝓪𝓲𝓷◢

Namjoon rode steadily along the trails towards Ilsan. The other two king's had split from him earlier to get on the trail for their kingdoms.

He was actually coming up close on to the border of his kingdom, seeing as it was much closer to Seoul then the others.

When he reached the gates, he was greeted by to guards in blood red uniforms with small gold and black accents. One almost stepped out to question the man coming to their kingdom but stopped when he realized who it was. They bowed deeply.

"Welcome back King Kim. How was your travel?" He halted his horse and smiled at them.

"It was good, thank you." The king gave them a note and watched as they opened the gates for him to enter, letting him push his horse to run across the long bridge that lead into the city.

He grinned as the wind tousled his hair, gold and ruby crown only staying on because it weighed much more then it looked. He took in the little things that happened while he rode into his city, as he always did.

The sound of steel horseshoes striking the stone in quick succession was the first thing he picked up. The second being the soft movements of the large lake that the kingdom sat in the middle of, hence the 2 kilometer bridge that he was already halfway across. The cheers of the crowd as their king made it home safely, Solace Lin (or Lin for short) slowing to a casual walk to take in the praise as if it was her own, the blood red flags hanging limply on their poles, fluttering slightly.

It was refreshing. He thought it was the most amazing feeling to see the reward of his hard work and that of his ancestors before him.

Lin stopped, shaking out her mane and letting the group of kids that had gathered around her legs attempt to jump and reach for the king and pining for his attention, who only smiled down at them and tried to answer all their questions.

"Yes it was a long journey, Jiwoo. I did meet many of the other king's along the way, too."

"No Simmy, there were no fairies in the forest."

"King Kim of Seoul is very handsome indeed."

"I'm sorry, I promise I'll bring something next time to show you, Seungie."

By now the guardians of the little ones were calling them back, trying to clear the path again for their king to return to the castle and get a much needed rest. Namjoon tried to stay involved with his people, especially the children since their parents were always busy whether the mothers were cooking or sewing or the fathers were working.

"It was lovely seeing you all again. Until tomorrow little ones." He grabbed hold of the reigns and set pace for the castle.

When they came to a halt in front of the gates, Namjoon dismounted the Marwari and handed her reigns to the nearest guard, walking towards the creaky doors as they opened followed shortly by the guard in charge of his horses safe travel back to her stable.

On a normal day he would do it himself but with the past couple of days activities, all he can really think about is taking a bath and falling asleep. He stepped inside the castle, marble floors shining along with the golden accents littered around the room. A pretty offset to the drab gray of the walls.

"Guard. Please tell the chef that I want a small meal prepared and let the maids know I want a hot bath ready soon, please."

"Of course your Majesty." He bowed.

-

It was only while Namjoon was sitting in his stone bath that he let himself think about his encounter with the two king's and the small time they spent getting to know each other.

Of course it hadn't been the first time the had met, but they never truly got to know each other up until that point.

His mind drifted back to King Ju- Hoseok teasing Yoongi and the flustered blush on the smaller king's face. It was so cute, he had looked like a kitten.

I wonder if Yoongi would like that as a nickname. It suits him well.

He spent the next half an hour thinking about the men, only ceasing when the water of the bath started to cool.

He got out and requested a maid to bring the food up to his room.

He slung on a red silk robe and a pair of matching sleeping shorts that ended just above the knee and sat on his bed.

A knock sounded on the door. "Come in!"

It was a maid holding a tray of gomtang with sides and sweet rice, both in their respective bowl.

"Thank you."

"Is there anything you would like before I take my leave?"

He picked up his chopsticks then turned to her. "Please put out a letter to the Kings of Daegu and Gwangju inviting them to my castle for dinner next week. Please include that I have certain things I must speak with them about. That is all."

"As you wish your Majesty." She looked a bit shocked at the request, but still bowed as courtesy.

A flame sparked inside Namjoon, small but there, that only grew with the thought and hope of seeing the men again.