0 0 | b e g i n n i n g |

00 | BEGINNING

drowning, drowning.

she thrashed about in the knee high water, fighting for air, fighting for her life, but his hands held her under. she screamed beneath the surface, pleading for mercy, but to no avail; she thought she was strong, but he was stronger.

her eyes were wide and gaping, staring up at his obscured face through the rippling water. she thought about how close she was to breathing. a few centimetres more was all she needed.

but time was becoming scarce. her clothes weighed down on her like cinder blocks, and the light above the surface was beginning to fade.

please, don't do this, she begged hopelessly, please spare me — just this once. what had she done to deserve this? where, in the span of her short life, had she possibly gone wrong..?

her lungs eventually gave out, and soon water began to flood her airways. her body jolted, and if she hadn't been submerged, she was sure tears would be streaming down her face. she wished she had the strength to fight on. she wished it didn't have to end like this...

but this was it. her ultimate demise. the muffled grunts expelled from his mouth gradually became mute, and the last trace of light, of glimmering hope, was starting to diminish, and fade to black.

she was drowning, drowning, drowning...

——