0 1 | o b j e t s d ' a r t

01 | OBJETS D'ART

"cal, come on!" persephone pleaded with a playful simper. she tugged persistently on the dark haired boy's sleeve, attempting to drag him down an estranged side road that she was eager to explore.

"seph, no," calum stressed, forcing her back in the opposite direction,"you know how i feel about dodgy laneways. we can't be wondering off down there."

"oh, babe, please! we never get to see these parts of town," she whined in protest, holding his wrist now with both her hands to pull him back with her,"why do you have to be so strict when we go out?"

"because staying on the main roads is safer, seph, i've told you before." he fussed, pulling her away from the lane way with all his strength. she stumbled back into his chest with an "oomph", and pouted up at him childishly.

"you're such a killjoy," she mumbled,"you're literally allergic to the word 'fun'."

calum frowned down at her unhappily, but said nothing more — he knew how seph was once she got pouty. instead, he turned on his heel and proceeded to lead them back onto the main street. seph let out a grunt from behind him, and tore her hand from his grip. he whipped his head around to look at her in question, his fuzzy eyebrows furrowed irately. seph stood a few paces from him with her hands folded stubbornly across her chest.

"seph, cut the crap," he sighed out in annoyance of her infantile behaviour,"i told you i'm not going down there, and you sure as hell aren't, either."

seph narrowed her eyes at him challengingly, and placed a hand on her hip with attitude.

"watch me." was all she said, before turning from him in one swift movement and embarking on her adventure. cal's eyes widened. he fast walked after her, and shot a hand out to grab her wrist, spinning her back round to face him.

"did you listen to anything i just said?" he scolded her frantically,"you're not going down there! i can't let you!"

"don't think you can tell me what to do," she retorted angrily,"it's not my fault you're too scared to walk anywhere people aren't."

"seph, believe it or not, i'm responsible for your safety while we're out — your parents trust me with their lives to keep an eye on you," he lectured her, now gravely serious,"how do you think they'd react if they found out i'd let you walk down some dodgy alleyway, and never came back? do you ever actually think about the danger you put yourself in?"

"calum hood, you are being so overdramatic, it astounds me," seph shook her head at him, cheeks reddened now as they argued,"you never let me enjoy myself, ever! i can't even make a harmless joke without you completely blowing it out of proportion! you're just... ugh, you're worse than both of my parents combined!"

"oh, well i'm sorry for actually caring about your wellbeing," he spat back, words thick with sarcasm,"i'll try and give less of a fuck about you, next time."

seph scoffed at him, her eyes burning with anger and upset. her lip upturned bitterly, and she gripped the strap of the vintage shoulder bag that hung at her side, ready to storm off.

"but whatever," calum shook his head, waving her off dismissively with one of his hands,"if you wanna fuck off down that lane way and get kidnapped, be my guest — but don't expect me to come running to your rescue."