6. Run

"Here in the woods, dark and deep, I offer you eternal sleep."
...
Carmin pov
It's been three months since then...since the party where I started dating the most amazing person in the world.
Okay that was over-exaggerating,but he really is great.
I'm sitting in science class, writing in my journal. This is the only class Chandler isn't in with me.
An announcement came on the intercom, which was strange since there was rarely any.
"Intruder in the building, coming in the back door!" The announcer said obviously scared.
We had the option to barricade and fight if they come in. Or we can run and try to get out.
My teacher instead of telling us what to do, started running around like a chicken with his head cut off. I heard a stampede of running in the hallway.Well I'm not staying here.
The door was already open. I ran and stopped as soon as I was in the hall.
Chaos.
There were people yelling out strange names. To many footsteps. Everyone was going toward the left. That's the closest exit, but that's the exit the killer came through!
I ran the opposite way.
"Young lady!Go that way!" A teacher I never had or seen screamed at me.
"Get off me!" I yelled as I pushed past her.
I was running,just trying to find an exit.
I was knocked down.
I hit the floor hard and people just stepped on me not caring who I was.
Someone grabbed me,dragging me with them.
I heard people screaming.
"He's here!"
"He's got her!"
The announcement came in again.
"Intruder in the 9th grade hall." It said, strangely calm.
My head hit the ground and this time everything went black.
-
I woke up coughing and choking on my own air. I was in the backseat of a car. Not a car I knew. Shit.
"Who are you?"I said to a man driving, I knew he was the one who took me but I knew it would be stupid to scream.
"Listen Carmin, you could make this your worst nightmare or your best dream which one will it be?" He said smoothly. I squinted my eyes at him even though he wasn't watching me.
How did he know my name?
"Remember the letter?" He asks, making my eyes go wide.
...
FLASHBACK *6 months ago*
I just got home from school and went into my room, throwing my book bag on my floor.
There was a letter on my bed in a nice envelope. Who'd been in my room?
I picked it up and it read
'Dear Carmin,
We'd like to give you an offering. We want you. We want you in our group. This isn't going to be a sunshine daycare center. We are bad. But it is what it is. We know the things you do Carmin. You're a terrible person as well, starving yourself while children are dying of hunger. Cutting your wrists, think about all the people who would kill for your life. Speaking of killing, that's what we do.
If you don't show up at the coffee shop on Ward Avenue, we will find you, we will take you, we will get what we want.
Sweet dreams Carmin
-C
FLASHBACK OVER
...
I didn't go.
They found me, they took me, they think they're going to get what they want.
I have a way to play games too.
Nobody ever wins but me.
...
...
...
Šø what do you guys think about this chapter?
Who do you think -C is?
I think I'm going to change the title from Just The Way It Is to
1.Games
2.Sweet Nightmares
3.Don't look behind You
4.Forget about Me
5. Black Daydreams
6.Board Games
7. All Smiles are Carved
8. Televised
Comment which one you like best!
I'll try to update by Tuesday
-Scar⏰