˗ˏˋ only for the dreaming ˎˊ˗

It was a foggy... night or day? Fabi couldn't say, the clouds were so down that he couldn't even see himself or even his reflection in the water. But there was him. His eyes were as shiny as always. He had a torch in his left hand, his dominant one.
But, even if his big green milky eyes were easy to difference of the rest of the weapons, the shorter boy couldn't say if Hiccup was getting closer to him, or if he was just getting away, as he always felt like he did.
-What if it doesn't work? he asked unsure of himself, but fully trusting his commender.
-It has to. We've been working on that for far too long now, we have to keep moving. Listen up gu-
An arrow on fire flew right above everybody's head, interrupting him in his usual motivation speech. The crew drew their weapons, ready to get attacked, but nothing happened.
-Rest. He whispered, staring into the fog, looking a bit worried. Fabi was shook.
-What in th-
-DOWN!!
Hiccup pulled him down in the boat as a bunch of about some hundreds fire arrows started attacking them.
-EVERYONE GET DOWN, shouted the future chief.
When the amount of projectiles started to fade, everybody got to do what they have been planning on a few days from now. Except for Fabi, because for one reason or another, he just couldn't get his eyes off the tall boy, his protector. Did a chief of a whole island had just risked his life only for a simple boy, who's totally replaceable? At least, that's what he thinks he is, but honestly, he is so much more and Hiccup seemed to know it.