˗ˏˋ self & acceptation II ˎˊ˗

He simply covered his face with his hands and slowly started to cry. Little sobs his mother couldn't ignore. She reached one of his shaking shoulders, trying to steady it. Seeing it had no effect, she took her lovely son in her arms, rocking him back and forth, like when he was only a kid and he had just fallen on the ground, chasing a butterfly.
-You know, she started, sometimes we want some things to go in a certain way, but they almost never do because it's not our decision. That's part of life, exactly like your experience with Astrid. Go be with a boy, I don't care, because what really matters is that you're happy. And you know your father, he only didn't know how to react in front of a situation he never faced. He'll come back, people come and go, that's what they always do. You'll find the right one, I promise you. I know feelings might be complicated, head hurting and tiring, but you're so strong, you're a fighter. I'm so proud of you. Look how far you've come, you've filled your heart with love and you're ready to give it. So go, don't be afraid of the world, they'll only bring you down.

———

He opened his eyes widely, and remembered:

"But with love, comes loss, son, it's part of the deal. Sometimes it hurts, but in the end, it's all worth it. There's no greater gift than love."

The brown haired boy, stopped hugging his mother and smiled.
-I know what to do, he said, feeling confident.
He left the cottage, cleaning his tears, taking them out as if they were trash. And that was what those tears were: garbage. There was no reason for crying for something they could solve. With Fabi, Hiccup felt powerful.
He found his dad on a precipice, looking at the sky, which one was reflected in those big green eyes. Noticing him, he started talking, not knowing which words to use.
-Son, I-
-No, it's okay. Let me talk. I think you may be too concerned with what was, and what will be... Theres a saying: "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today, it's a gift-
-That's why it's called "the present".
His son nodded. Stoick turned around, and place his hand in hiccup's cheek, caressing it till it came down to his shoulder, and his father grab it strongly, being totally proud.
-If you're in love, then you're the lucky one. I don't care if it's with a boy, I only want your happiness, but I want your boy's too, so make him happy as much as he makes you.
Both men sighed, tearing up a bit before laughing of this situation.
-So, he continued, who's the lucky boy?
-It's-
-Fabi isn't it? he guessed,
Hiccup blushed and slightly looked down as he was thinking of the golden boy.
-Yes.
-I knew you two were spending lotsa time together. He's a good boy.
He smiled proudly, looking at his brave, stunning, perfect son.
A chief-like duty then came for Stoick forcing father and son to say goodbye. Right after, Hiccup headed directly to Fabi's house, to announce he had came out. He arrived exactly as his loved one closed the door behind him. They both looked at each other, and there it was. Between those four eyes, we could see a bright future and a happy life.