Chapter 5

Bash
Senior year, 18 years old

Liam and I are sitting in the grass watching Mia finish soccer practice so we can give her a ride home. All four of us drive now and each of us has a car, but we prefer to ride together so we alternate who drives each week. School is out in another month and then everything will change. We are soaking up these last moments of high school and making sure Mia experiences everything she wants too.

Next week is her last soccer game and we plan to make big signs and banners and embarrass her to death. We are going to a party tonight, which was on her "Senior Year Bucket List." Liam, Trevor and I have been to a few parties before, but it's not our usual scene and Carter never let Mia go so it wasn't really fun without her.

Tonight he's given his blessing for her to attend. He thinks it's a pool party... and it is, but there will definitely be beer and scantily clad teenagers so you can imagine it will get a bit rowdy. Obviously no harm would ever come to Mia with us around so I'm not worried about it. I'm hoping to get her a little tipsy so she will dance with me.

We have experienced everything with Mia since we were 10. We gave her many of her first experiences and I'm selfish because I want to be a part of every new first for the rest of her life. We took her to her first concert, we bought her first makeup kit... which resulted in her first time being grounded when she wore the makeup to school without permission. We were there when Cassidy had to buy her tampons for the first time and we put them up our noses to make her laugh and ease her embarrassment over the situation. We went on her first date with her.

That's a great story, it was prom our Sophomore year. Her date's name was Jake and he ended up being laid out flat by Liam when he tried to kiss Mia. Liam was suspended for 3 days since it was at a school function. Mia was upset with Jake and thanked Liam for "defending her honor like a knight." He preened like a fucking house cat the rest of the night. We took her for ice cream after our failed prom and she missed curfew for the first time.

All three of us walked her to the door and Carter shook Liam's hand, handed him $50 and said he would forgot about the missed curfew if Liam punched every other random boy who tried to kiss Mia. The way he worded it made it seem that he didn't include us, so Liam promised and Mia stomped into the house, but not after passing by Liam to punch him in the stomach.

I'm torn out of my thoughts when the team starts their cool down stretches. Mia's back is too us so when she bends to stretch her calves I'm staring right at her ass. She has on shorts that are basically glued to her toned ass and thighs and long socks that ride up to just under her knee. She's sweaty and her top is sticking to her sports bra and her long hair is barely tamed in a pony tail. It's like a wet dream and I'm pretty sure I'm drooling when Liam elbows me.

"The girls are laughing at us." He points to girls on the opposite side of the circle from Mia, and sure enough they are giggling and one is pointing. Mia turns around and gives us a big smile, which we wave and return while simultaneously setting our backpacks on our hard-ons.

"I'm scared and relieved all at the same time. What if she runs, or what if this changes everything?" Liam asks as he turns to continue watching Mia stretch. He's referring to the decision we made about telling Mia our feelings. Telling her we would all three like to court her and that we made that decision in 5th grade when she punched one of our team mates in the face for pulling her French braid in the dugouts.

"Honestly dude I'm terrified. I have no idea what's going to happen. I just want to soak in these last few weeks and make sure she has the best time."
"Me too." Liam says with an exhale of air. I clap his shoulder and squeeze. We have to make this work. This is our girl and we spent too long loving her to ever let her go.