How the words of fate call the shadows so

-
'Beware, of Figures and Letters bringing swollen shadows ever closer' -

As I was marching through the usually busy market square, I began to notice an odd sense of sobriety in the crowds, a creeping feeling began to tickle at my spine, but I shook it off. Blaming it on my lack of sleep I simply carried on. But there, again, crossing the street, I noticed there was a distinct lacking in the number of carriages that usually clattered past. The glimpse of a dark, shrouded figure, staring from an alley caught my eye, but quickly shot out of view again, too fast for me to process. I eventually made it to the station and was striding up the steps when I felt it again, the haunting sense someone was watching me. I had felt that far to many times in the past to not trust my instincts. Spinning round, I searched the empty street, oddly not a single soul was to be found. Searching alley ways and high windows for a figure but no one was there. Shivering off the dread settling inside me, I walked into the building.

Margret, the receptionist, greeted me as I entered. "Inspector," she said, a grim frown upon her face told me it was serious, "I have an urgent letter from headquarters for you, sir."
I made my way to my office with the letter clutched in my hand. Laying my briefcase on the desk, I opened it. 'Another death." It read, "they're linked" followed by an address written below. No name accompanied the letter, only a message at the bottom instructing me to dispose of the paper discreetly and immediately. After doing so, I left the department building and was welcomed by a black cab waiting for me outside, ready to transport me to the location. .