|00|

|Paris, France - September 1927 |

"We have a problem."

"Hold that thought." The redhead reached under the bar, pulling out a bottle of blood mixed with tequila and poured a shot. At his raised eyebrow, she shrugged. "I'm not drunk enough to listen to this yet."

Dominic rolled his eyes. "A vampire just came in."

"And? Vampires come in all the time, what's the problem?"

"Don't ask me, Luke said he got a feeling from the guy. Like he was real angry. And you know how angry vampires can get."

Valentina groaned. "Can't you get Sammy to take care of this? She's supposed to be the one managing tonight." She gestured to the large speakeasy club she owned half of, where the two stood to the side, yelling slightly over the music.

"Can't find her."

Val huffed, glancing around the club. Women in satins and silks, fur coats over plunging necklines, a few almost ludicrously big feather hats. Men in perfectly tailored tweed suits, tipped hats over smoking cigars. The perfect picture of the late 1920's.

Val had to admit, the 1920's had been her favorite decade in a while now. The world was finally getting a little exciting.

Sending a nod to Dominic, she smoothed down her red dress before making her way toward the doors. There, a bronze-haired vampire stood against the wall. His eyes scanned the crowd, a slightly crazed glint in them that caused women glancing at him to look away.

Val approached the man, her eyes glinting with mischief as she sent him her signature smirk. "If you're here to cause trouble, at least clue me in on what you're planning."

He looked over at her, golden eyes bordering with red scanning her over uncaringly.

"Ah, I see." Val smirked knowingly, interpreting the story behind the eyes. "Tried the animal diet, realized it sucked, came out here to find a human to snack on?"

His eyes flashed in surprise, looking shocked before he shrugged a little. "Guess so."

Val rolled her yes, smirking to herself. "Well, come on then. I can help you forget whatever bad memories you're thinking about and get you a drink."

He looked wary, before getting a 'What the hell' look and shrugging, following her into the crowd.

"What are you doing?" He asked as they approached the bar, and she poured more of her tequila blood.

She handed him a glass. "The one thing I missed about being human, was getting drunk. So I experimented a little until I found the perfect combination of blood and alcohol." She gave him a grin, downing her shot with a smirk.

He chuckled, sipping his before quickly downing it.

"So what's your name, bronze boy?" She asked as she poured them more drinks.

"Edward." He grinned. "And you, red?"

"Valentina, but my friends call me Val."

"Does that make us friends?"

The redhead scoffed. "No." She shook her head, taking a sip of her drink and sending a wink to a woman in a deep blue dress. The latter blushed a deep red and looked away. "Friendship isn't free. You've got to earn it."

Edward looked at her for a moment, before grinning. "Guess I'll have to work on that then."

Valentina smirked. "Guess you will."

Hope you liked it <3

Just a short prologue thing, the actual chapters will be longer

Vote if you think I did a good job, n I love comments!