|02|

|||

|||

Valentina was definitely not expecting the child to be some weird half-vampire thing.

She didn't fully understand it, but that was alright, because she trusted Edward.

And she didn't really care, honestly. Once she heard about the probable fight against the Volturi, she was all ears. The redhead was always up for a good fight, and it only made it better that it was against the bitchy Volturi.

"So what have you been getting up to the last few decades red?" Emmett asked. She was sitting in the living room with the Cullens, catching up about what had been happening lately.

Valentina smirked, running a hand through her hair. "Me and Sam opened another dance club, and we traveled the world again a few years back."

"Why didn't Sam come?" Rosalie asked from her position beside Emmett. "I haven't ever seen you two apart."

"She wanted to stay and manage the clubs. Plus," a lazy grin overtook her face. "she's got a guy now. Vampire obviously, pretty hot if I do say so myself."

Emmett and Edward chuckled. "Speaking of which, have you got anyone yet, Val?" Ed asked.

Valentina did her best to look unbothered. It's not like she doesn't get a lot of affection from plenty of good-looking humans and vampires, but the thought of her soulmate always plagued her. Why, in her nearly 200 years, had she not met them yet?

"Nope," she added on a convincing chuckle. "Still playing around."

Edward's eyes flashed with pity, but quickly changed the subject.

Ed knew her, the way only a select few did. He knew the underlayer of emotion behind her facade, and he knew that she was more sensitive than she let on.

It carried on like that for a few hours, before Edward and Bella went back to their cottage, and the rest retired to hunt or their rooms.

Valentina was left bored. The trees, the house, the few vampires that were also wandering around, it was all boring.

She was bored enough to go adventuring in the wet forest. The moistness everywhere repulsed her, but she kept on stalking through the dark underbrush.

She was fooling around a little as she walked, tossing fireballs between her hands, and letting a few rays of heat fly in every direction. It calmed her, having the familiar flames come out.

"Woah!"

Val abruptly stopped, turning into defensive mode and snarling at the foul-smelling threat.

"Hey hey hey!" The boy held up his hands, alarm on his face. "Sorry! I didn't mean to startle you."

Recognising the repulsive smell, Valentina groaned and brought down her hands. "Really? Ed's in league with the wolves now?"