Cookies

It's December eighteenth.

To everyone's surprise, the end of fall and beginning of winter in New York... well, it's been strangely mild. Jade's still not used to getting out of bed in the morning and not having a cold floor meet her feet. She's also not used to having to push Tori to the other side of the bed because even the heater barely running is enough to heat up their bedroom.

Jade's up early, getting ready for the day of rehearsal ahead, and making Tori breakfast for when the brunette wakes up.

Jade smiles slightly at the thought, and she wishes she could be around to see Tori wake up. Tori's one of those people who are totally confused when they wake up, and Jade thinks it's the cutest thing ever.

Jade's eventually ready to go, stuffing her coat into her bag (just in case) and leaving Tori in bed with a kiss on the forehead.

The day goes by reasonably quickly: Jade gets to the theater and then barely leaves the stage for the rest of the day. She's currently preparing for her new show, The Scissoring the Musical. And naturally, Jade's booked the role of the main character.

I only have Tori to thank for this, Jade thinks, swinging her scissors around her fingers as she waits for the sound people to fix her microphone.

Tori, Tori, Tori. It had been Tori who'd decided to accompany Jade to New York for college. She'd wanted to let Jade pursue her dream of being on Broadway, and despite Jade's protests, Tori had managed to convince Jade to let her tag along.

"I can write music anywhere," Tori had said, giving Jade a puppy dog face. It wasn't nearly as good as Cat's, but it melted Jade's heart nonetheless. "Really, Jade. But you... Broadway's only in New York. It's not going to happen anywhere else."

And so off they'd gone, leaving behind Hollywood Arts and the sunny land of California for New York City.

Rehearsals end early that day, something that surprises Jade until someone tells her that the temperature's plummeted while they'd been working. It's started snowing, and the company is concerned with getting every one wearing shorts and tank tops home without catching a cold.

Jade makes her way back to her apartment, and it is actually chilly enough for her to need to shrug on her coat. She rushes up the stairs to the third floor, and unlocks her front door.

Sugar.

That's Jade's first thought, and she soon discovers why: Tori's in the kitchen, playing Christmas music and making cookies. Baking supplies are everywhere, and Jade feels as though she's covered in flour the second she steps into the kitchen, even though she hasn't touched anything.

Jade sneaks up behind Tori and slips her arms around Tori's waist, resting her chin on the other girl's shoulders. Tori jumps at first, before relaxing in Jade's arms.

"Rehearsal ended early," Jade says, watching as Tori continues making Christmas tree shaped cookies. "Those are cute."

Tori laughs. "Wow," she says, steadying her hand to apply a little, yellow star. "Jade, back off for a second... I didn't think I would ever see the day when Jade West called a cookie 'cute'."

Jade waits for Tori to finish the star before putting her arms back in place. "Well, times change," Jade replies. "I changed. And it's all thanks to you."

Tori makes an exaggerated 'awww' noise, and Jade's arms tighten until Tori's squealing uncomfortably in her grasp.

"Jade! I can't... breathe!"

Jade lets go of Tori, smirking. "Wait, no. I'm still the same me."

Jade turns to walk away.

"Aren't you going to help me?" Tori calls.

"Babe, cookies aren't my thing," Jade calls back, taking a seat at the couch among Tori's scattered papers.

She reads them for a while: Jade loves Tori's music, and that only inspires Tori to write more and more songs. She hums out a few of the tunes, testing out the notes, then helps Tori put them in order before wandering back into the kitchen.

Mountains. Of. Cookies.

"Tori!" Jade shrieks. "What... how?"

Tori just grins sheepishly, making jazz hands and Jade and showering the floor with flour and small sprinkles. "Merry Christmas?" she tries.

Jade glowers at her girlfriend. "Tori, two people live in this apartment," Jade reminds her. "Two. All of our friends are in California and Cat's flying out tomorrow. What did you think we were going to do with these cookies?"

Tori glances at the mountains, the sheer amount of cookies finally registering in her head. "Oops," Tori says. "Well... if we get snowed in, we won't starve to death."

"Oh my God," Jade says. "Diabetes, Tori. You're trying to kill me."

New York City is gifted with heavy snow over night, and on the nineteenth of December Jade finds herself struggling through the snow to get to work, dragging two large bags of cookies behind her.

Christmas time is almost here, meaning Jori oneshot collection!!!

Which is kinda funny, because while there's no ship on Victorious I don't mind, I'm primarily a Cade shipper.

So...