Movie Marathons

December 22nd.

Tori puts the first Christmas movie of the day in just before ten in the morning. She hangs around for a minute, watching the beginning, before heading into the kitchen to make Jade her coffee.

The movie's half over by the time Jade wakes up and comes to stand behind the couch, rubbing her eyes. "Really, Tori?" She asks, sounding tired and pissed. "I mean, Rudolph!"

"Well, I like it," Tori retorts. "And if you have a problem with that you can go haul your butt somewhere else."

"I want to watch The Scissoring," Jade complains.

"Shut up, you big baby," Tori says, tilting her head up to make a face at Jade. "There's coffee in the kitchen."

Jade's head whips around to stare at the kitchen door, then she's launching herself towards the large mug clearly evident on the counter.

"I put two sugars in for you," Tori calls, chuckling as she watches Jade down several gulps in one go.

Jade flops onto the couch next to Tori, clutching her mug tightly in one hand. "Thanks, Vega," Jade sighs, nestling her head against Tori's shoulder. "You're the best."

Tori grins, wrapping her arms around her girlfriend's shoulders.

They spend the rest of day on the couch, going through Tori's immense collection of Christmas movies. Only Jade gets up, to refill her coffee and order some Chinese food from the store down the street.

Jade eventually gets Tori to put in the Christmas edition of The Scissoring, and for two hours Tori gets away with clutching Jade tightly and burying her face in Jade's shoulder.

All in all, Tori thinks, inhaling the familiar scent of mangoes and coffee as Jade's arms tighten around her, this isn't a bad way to end the day.