Chapter 8. The House Up on A Hill

Devon walks over to our table with his date hanging around behind him. His date is a young woman with mature looks. She honestly looks older than Devon. Well, I guess everyone has their type. "Are you guys on a date?" Devon asked us as he reaches our table. Kevin looks behind him and is surprised to see him. He only smiles lightly at Devon and nods to his date. A pure gentleman. I just look at him and also flash a smile. I don't need to answer that as well. He can do the math. Though, in reality, this isn't even can be considered a date.

His date lays her gaze on me for a long while and blushes as she notices me noticing the act. I smile charmingly at her to decrease her embarrassment. Kevin notices it too so he decided to break the silence. "What are you doing here, Devon?" He asked. 'What an eyesore,' goes in his head.

Devon first shrugged his shoulders in answer nonchalantly then he gestured over to his date. "Well, I'm on a date," he simply said.

I can't help but feel a need to ask despite of me not giving a flying fuck about this young man without a soul. "Your legs are all fine now?" I asked, not looking into his eyes, but looking straight at his two fine and long legs. Devon is a lot taller than me. And that of course, made him much taller than both Kevin and Victor. I was only about 6 inches taller than the two brothers but the height of this little demon really surpasses us three.

He looks down at his feet as well before answering, following my gaze. "I've taken off the cast this morning. Such a shame. I was hoping an artist such as yourself could paint something on my cast but I guess it's too late now," he then said coquettishly. I can't believe he has the nerve. Though I'm not able to read his mind, his eyes made it too obvious. I'm amazed that his date doesn't even care about that but then again, in her mind, I can see how she only cares for the money that Devon spent on her.

I laugh a little in answer, intending to take it as a joke. "Yeah. Such a shame..." I agreed hypocritically.

Devon has his eyes narrowed a little before he spoke again. "Mr. McGroy, I heard that you are 32 this year, is that right?" He asked. I'm stunned that he even knew of this fact. I don't really reveal this to many parties or agents. Most people, fans, or art enthusiasts, or gallery owners are mostly unaware of my actual age.

I simply nod at him. "Yes I am. Why do you ask?"

Kevin spurts his drinks a little, flabbergasted at the knowledge. "You're 32?!" He exclaimed.

I immediately laugh at his reaction. "Yes, is that a problem?" I asked. People can be quite amusing sometimes. There are occasions before where people would ask for my ID just to confirmed my age so that they know I'm not joking. Eventually in life, I just let people assume I'm younger because I'm lazy to entertain their astonishment. Of course, I am an immortal after all. I have to figure out what to do if one day I'll reach 50 and still look like this. How do I explain?

Kevin shakes his head as if to tell me 'no problem' but he's just dumbfounded. He then eyes at me up and down, taking in my appearance. "You're older than I am. I'm only 21," he stated. I only smile and nod at him.

Devon then suddenly reaches over and wraps his arm around my shoulders and speaks closely to my ears. It took me by surprise. "Wow, it's so enviable how someone can look so young at such an age. You must be an immortal," he insinuated. His breath tickles my earlobe. It makes me cringe a little. Why do I feel that that was very intentional?

I suppress my emotion with extra effort. "Oh? And how old are you, little kid? 19? 20?" I teased to avoid myself from being carried further away from his insinuation. I softly and gentlemanly take his arm off of me.

Devon only laughs aloud in response. By now, Kevin looks far more uncomfortable than I am. I guess he also can sense Devon's flirtation since that little demon himself is not being subtle about it. "While some people look younger than their age, others look more matured, huh? No, Mr. McGroy, I'm only 17. I'll be 18 in a few months," he informed.

I was at first astonished at his answer. He really looks like a young man more than a teenager. But still... he is not my type. ...[Details censored to comply to Wattpad's rules and regulations. Will only be available for read  at Scribblehub: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/598275/dark-beauty-bl/ Thank you for your understanding]... They won't have a difficult life like me. In death, they'll be free. "Guess then you can call me uncle," I simply joked to him. All four of us laugh together at the simple joke. All this hypocrisy is honestly making me sick at the moment. I can't wait to just get out of the place. I feel suffocated. Something I hadn't felt in a long, long time.

Devon's date hooks her arm to his, indicating it's time to go, I can't be more relieved. "Okay, uncle, I'll be off now. You appear to despise my presence. See you at the party. Stay for the after-party. We have a few games lined up. I'll be the game master," he reminded. He made it looks like he was joking but I know he can tell we don't fancy his presence. We nod at him and greeted him goodbye. After he left, both Kevin and me finished our meal quickly and went our separate ways.

I have business to attend to, I wasn't lying. I drove my car straight to the highways in the dead of the night which eventually led to a narrow grubble road leading up to a hill. It took almost two hours to get to his destination but I must go there today. Nothing can be seen for miles and miles except outlines of trees and darkness. Even in the day time, there will be nothing around here. No one will come up here. I reach the top of the hill and kill my engine. I stare straight ahead. Once upon a time, there was a lonely house stood up there. But years ago, it was burnt down to ashes. They found the burnt body of a woman but could not find the body of her son whom they found out was supposed to be living with her at the time. But they all assumed that the kid had died too. So now, on that hill, instead of a house, there stood two old forgotten tombstones.

I get out of the car and walk towards the tombstones. "Mother," I called out to the wind. "I will avenge your death," I said. How can I forget the night of the burning? While it was true that my mother never wanted to have me in the first place but I can't deny that she was the sole reminder of my very existence. That and also of that the Klaus' family. The man who had killed her was none other than Simon Klaus, the head of the family at the time and also the father to Victor and Kevin.

Smiling to myself, I am reminded of the night Simon and his wife got into an 'accident' at a lodge they visited for a business meeting in Austria. It was a pleasure to taint both of them and caused them to finally murder each other. All in the name of love... for me. What was it that he said to my mother again that night before he killed her? Oh. I remember everything in details!

"I can't do this anymore, I have a son now. Victor Klaus. And he is legal. Your son is..."

What was it that he was going to say? Deformed? Shameful? Ugly?! Although he didn't say it, I knew those were what he meant with those eyes when he looked at me. He was disgusted. I loathed the name Victor Klaus with all my heart that night. It was as if Victor Klaus himself had lit up the match! How can I forget those faces of Kevin and Victor? They look so similar to their wretched father! Simon Klaus only took the painting away with him that night. An expensive gift that he had given to my mother. That painting might connect him to the crime so it's only natural that he would take it away. I guess that was the only thing worth a value to him, leaving me and my mother tied up in the house as it was set on fire.

Even in her final moments, the only thing she said to me was that she hated me and she hated that I existed. She said I ruined everything. Maybe she was right. Maybe I am an abomination. But love is a funny thing. Even when my mother hated me, I still love her. And I'm doing this for love. Soon, I will taint the rest of the descendants of Simon Klaus! I will make sure they will bathe in each other's blood. I'll make them love me. I'll make them kill for me.

֍֍֍

NEXT UPDATE: 2022/12/06