Chapter 1

The Potters were gone, Sirius couldn't believe it. They were his family. They were all he had. He went into his daughters' room where she was sleeping. Looking into her beautiful angelic face he stood trying to memorize her features, and he thought. He knew who had done this. Peter fucking Pettigrew. He knew everyone was going to think it was him. He was a Black after all. If he was going to go down, he was going to take that rat with him. With that thought running through his head he leant down gave his perfect little girl a kiss and placed a letter along with a locket next to her.

Carina woke up a few hours later, there were strange men in her room all talking as if she wasn't even there.

"Daddy?" She questioned sleepily rubbing her eyes. The men all turn to look at her as her lip quivers.

"Your daddy's a bad man and he's gone away for a long time." States one of the men giving the three-year-old a dirty look. He then reaches forward to grab her out of the crib, Carina crying out in fear and confusion. The men had previously discussed what they were going to do with the young Black and so immediately apparated to the nearest muggle orphanage, what with no wizard family wanting the child of a murderer. Before they left her one of the younger aurors saw the letter and locket and took it leaving it along with the young girl.

8 Years Later

It was just another dreary night in London, a beautiful young silvery blonde was sat in her tiny impersonal room at the orphanage where she grew up. She sat on the window ledge looking up into the sky wishing she could see the stars that had always fascinated her. She could name them all even without seeing them so she looked to where they should be, if only she didn't live somewhere so bleak. It was 23:58 on the 15th June, in just 2 minutes she would be 11. She wasn't sure why she was excited for this birthday she knew what would happen, nothing, just like every other year, no treats, no gifts, she would still be ostracised like every other day. But something just felt different she thought as she held onto the locket her father left her. She watched as midnight ticked past, it was awfully anticlimactic, the young girl just sighed and threw herself into the small bed and tried to cover herself with the ratty blanket falling quickly to sleep.

The next morning, she awoke to the usual noise, the other children running around screaming to their friends getting ready for the day. Sighing to herself, she grabs a book from her bedside table, books had always been her only friends she could get lost in their stories or learn more about the world she was so desperate to explore. She was currently reading a book about botany becoming interested after reading about the implications of botany during space travel. Space had always fascinated her, the possibilities of other worlds where she might be able to find her place. When she heard the quiet that signalled the other children having completed their morning routines and gone off to do their own things, she put down her book and took her time getting ready in the now empty bathroom.

At about midday Carina was busy getting on with her chores currently in the kitchen peeling potatoes ready for lunch. One of the other girls ran into the room.

"Hey freak, Miss April wants you. What did you do this time?" The little brunette asked with a cruel look on her face. Carina doesn't respond, she knows better at this point. She just puts down what she was doing washes her hands wiping them clean with her apron before heading into the matron's office. She knocks quietly on the door before being invited inside. She enters and sees two women inside one the woman who runs the orphanage a strict cruel old women who despite her job has always hated children, the other looked equally stern but there was something in her eye that stopped Carina from being wary or afraid of her.

"Katie said you wanted me Miss April." Carina stated shyly.

"Ah, yes, Miss Black, this woman has come to speak with you." Miss April explains before leaving the room.