Ch.22: Forest

I ran into the forest just knowing that there was a crime being investigated. A crime that I committed because I was hungry. I saw someone in the forest up ahead. I hid behind a tree and saw that the person was Jasper. He seemed very curious and looking at the crime scene. I hopped into a tree and played with little chicks. I saw Jasper come over and I saw him more clearly. His honey colored hair was messy and was all over the place. He wore a black turtleneck, a red velvet leather jacket, some black pants, and brown shoes. He looked up at me and waved.

"Chloe?," he asked.
"Hi!," I squealed.
"What are you doing up there?," he asked.
"Hiding," I said.
"From who?," he asked.
"I thought you were a cop," I giggled.
"I was a confederate major when I was younger," he said.
"Hmm, doesn't count for now," I said.
"I know," he said.
"Do you know where Alice is?," he asked.
"At my place. I think she's bugging Bella," I said.
"She usually is," He sighed. "Are you going to come down?"

I hopped down from the branch fight in front of him. I thought it was funny as he watched me do it. He smiled and chuckled to himself. He didn't seem in pain like he was the other day. He seemed to be at ease and wanted to talk to me. Was he only ever that way around her?

"So, you were a major in the confederate army?," I asked.
"Yep," he replied.
"So, when I have to write my history report on the civil war. Will you help me?," I joked.
"If you want," he laughed.
"How long have you and Alice been married?," I asked.
"Since 1959," he replied.
"You've been with Alice for 47 years?," I asked again.
"Yeah," he said. "Alice is my second wife though".
"Oh, did you leave your first?," I asked.
"Yeah, her love didn't feel real after awhile," he said.
"Does Alice's?," I asked.
"Yeah, but - - it's just tiring. Being married to her," Jasper sighed.
"Oh, that's understandable," I said.

We raced each other around the forest. We stopped near the crime scene and I had to go look to see if those two men's bodies were still there. They were not and Jasper looked as well. He looked at me and we ran off, again. We were near this purple and orange house. It was big and wide. The scenery around it was also very pretty. I looked at him and he smirked.

"This is my family's house," he smirked.
"It's really beautiful," I admired.
"It's more beautiful inside," he smirked.
"I bet," I said.
"Bet?," he asked.
"Not like an actual bet," I laughed.
"Damn it," he laughed.

He started walk off back towards the house. He turned around and motioned for me to follow him. I did and ran to catch up to him. He climbed up a tree and jumped onto a balcony patio. I did the same and jumped onto the patio, too. He opened the doors and we walked into a very shiny kitchen. He walked me into the living room and there was two women sitting in there. One had caramel colored hair and the other had golden blonde hair.

"Jasper, who's this?," the caramel haired woman asked.
"This is Chloe Swan, Bella's adopted cousin," he introduced me. "Chloe, this is my mother Esme and my sister Rosalie".
"Hi, nice to meet you!," I said.
"Hi, I've heard about you from Edward," the woman named Esme said.
"You are prettier than Bella," the girl named Rosalie said.
"Rose!," Esme corrected.
"Sorry," Rosalie said.

I just laughed and stood awkwardly in the corner. The woman named Esme brought me over to the couch, and I sat with her. She chatted with me about what she's heard about me from Edward. A blonde man and the boy from yesterday also came down. The blonde man must be Edward's adopted father, because I have a weird feeling that I've seen him before. He smiled when he saw me and the boy just nodded towards me.

"Honey, this is Chloe," Esme said. "She's Bella's adopted cousin".
"Hello, I'm Carlisle," he said as he took out his hand.
"Nice to meet you," I replied as I shook his hand.
"That's my other son, Emmett," he said as he gestured towards the boy.
"Hi!," he exclaimed.
"Hi," I said back.

The man named Carlisle took a seat over in a big leather armchair, and the one named Emmett sat next to the girl named Rosalie. I felt comfortable around these people and soon Edward came down. He saw everyone and then looked at me. He smirked and took the seat next to me. I sat there with these people and it just felt fun. They told me about funny stories and such. Edward finally got hold of me and walked upstairs to his room.

In his bedroom, there was no bed. Hilirous! The room was just filled with shelves of music and books. There was a leather couch in the middle and near the window was a desk. I looked around see pictures of cities and of his family. There was pictures in brown, black & white, and colored. There was pictures of early Chicago and such.

"I like your room," I said.
"Thanks," he answered.
"What era of music do you like?," I asked.
"The fifties," he replied.
"That's cool," I said.
"I have a feeling that you don't listen to fifties music," he laughed.
"No, mostly ninties and today's music," I answered.
" I guessed," he said.
"What's that supposed to mean?," I asked.
"Nothing," he laughed.
"Hey, what time is it?," I asked.
"8:45. Why?," he asked.
"Fuck! I need to go meet Logan!," I exclaimed.
"The psychopath?!," he exclaimed.
"Yeah!," I yelled.

I ran down the hall and outside the house. Back into the forest, then I was at my house. He just pulled up to my house and I had to look decent enough. Alice also just came out of the house with Bella following behind her. Alice looked at me and I skipped over to Logan's car. Alice didn't look happy at all.