Chp 3 (first encounter)

Two years ago.....

     Now as hard as Spinel tried to forget, every now and then her memory always shot back to that day, that day she met Steven Universe. Now even to this day, she admits that the first encounter wasn't unpleasant, in fact it was quite the opposite. It started out as a semi normal day really, and by semi, I mean that Spinel was having a small photoshoot instead of rehearsing for a new cover on a song. "Do I really have to do this?...." Spinel grumbled, her hands that wore fingerless gloves tightened  as she placed the wooden prop bat with fake nails onto her shoulders, and the wild looking bat matching her equally wild looking outfit. A pink looking jacket with spikes on the shoulders, the furry collar so torn and spread apart it looked like Spinel had gotten into a fight recently, and a few scattered patches on the fabric. Her crop top was purposely ripped to match the jacket, and the logo of the upside down heart with a yellow star plastered in the middle of that heart. Spinels jeans were sagging slightly despite the overly large belt that was wrapped around her waist several times, and the buckle was also heart shaped, but except the heart had a crack going straight down the middle to show where the two halves of that heart connected together. "If you want to have a new cover for your new album, then I suggest you should pose for a few minutes while I take your pictures" the short photographer explained, even though Spinel couldn't see the photographer's eyes due to her blue hair covering her eyes, she knew the photographer was serious. "Fine fine let's just get this over with Sapphire..." Spinel sighed as she stepped in front of the backdrop, the colors consisted of a light fuschia pink from the bottom, then slowly fading to a dark purple in the middle, and finally darkening to the color black at the top. "Ok Spinel, now just pose every few minutes for the camera" Sapphire explained calmly, as she picked up her professional digital camera. Spinel sighed and shoved her left hand into her jeans pocket with her thumb poking out, her right hand gripped tighter onto the bat's handle as she propped it more on her shoulders, and she slowly developed a sinister looking smile on her face for the photo. Sapphire gave an approved nod before raising the camera to her face, and despite the fact she still had her blue hair covering most of her face, she was still quick to take the photos. "Ok I think that's good" Sapphire finally spoke up, and she saw Spinels posture finally slacken in slight exhuastion. "Thank. Fucking. God! We've been at it for hours!" Spinel sighed audibly, but still letting the bat drop to the ground while still holding the handle of the prop. "......it's only been forty five minutes Spinel" Sapphire pointed out as she grabbed the cord that's attached to her computer, and plugged her camera into that same computer to have the pictures pop up on the screen. "Well these boots are killer to wear AND stand in at the same time....." Spinel huffed as she walked towards the side of the room."Well you can go sit down outside while I edit a couple things that are needed for the photos, then I'll show you the folder of pictures later" Sapphire explained as she pointed to the door, showing that Spinel was free to stay or leave if she pleased. Spinel decided to choose the latter by approaching the door, wrapping her left hand around the doorknob and twisting it to where the door opened enough for her to slip out of the room. 
    Spinel sighed a bit as she made her way down the hallway to the nearby waiting room, she had been wearing these type of combat boots all day, and the shoes were already uncomfortable to wear, but now combined with the fact she was standing for almost an hour while posing has now made her feet ache to extreme levels. She noticed how there was someone else sitting on the waiting bench, a guy with dark brown curly locks, and some standard street clothes with pink flip flops was also waiting in the room. Being respectful about sitting distance, Spinel sat down on the opposite end of the waiting bench, hoisted her left leg over her right leg with some effort, propped the wooden bat against the arm rest of the bench, and began to untie her combat boot. As she was undoing the laces on the boot, she could feel eyes on her, very softly, but still a bit unnerving. Spinel halted her actions and glanced her pink colored eyes up to see the curly brown haired stranger quickly glance away, clearly showing that he was staring for a bit as a blush developed on his face from embarrassment from being caught. "What're you looking at?" Spinel hissed slightly out of defense, her posture straightening to come off as intimidating, and she let a sneer develop on her face as she got a better look at the guy. Brown eyes, a soft face to go along with the embarrassed blush, and a slightly nervous and awkward smile soon developed on his face. "I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to stare but....a-are you Spinel? Like THE Spinel???" The male asked as he turned his head more towards Spinel, admiring the piercings on her ears, and the piercing on her lip. "Yes I am" Spinel simply replied as she removed the left boot off of her foot, and she sighed in relief as she rubbed the sole of her foot. "O-Oh wow! I-It's so cool that I m-met you! I-I'm Steven! Steven Universe!" He introduced himself with an overenthusiastic grin as holding out his right hand for Spinel to shake. Spinel glanced at his extended hand, then she looked up to his face as she lifted her left leg off of her right leg, now lifting her right leg onto her left leg, and she didn't take her eyes off of him in a curious yet intimidating stare as she untied her boots laces. Steven bit the inside of his cheek as he slowly lowered his hand back down onto his lap, "I uh....I like your outfit!" he pointed out gently, but enthusiastically as he attempted to discard the awkwardness between him and her. Spinel sighed softly as she removed her boot finally, "thanks...." she replied while rubbing the sole of her foot, but it was obvious that she was a bit uninterested in having a conversation as she focused her attention back onto her foot. "Are.....you ok?" Steven asked with curious concern as he noticed how she was rubbing her feet to relieve some pain. Spinel glanced back up at Steven, her eyebrow raised out of curiosity, "yea.....yea I'll be fine, it's just these boots are murder on my feet" she sighed as she set the boots on the ground, and to the side of the bench so no one would trip over them. "Why would you wear them if they're so uncomfortable?" Steven questioned as he turned his body slightly so he could look at Spinel a bit better. "If I answer your question, then will you shut up?" Spinel asked as she sneered again at Steven, and she watched him nod in agreement, "I was doing a photoshoot and I had to wear THIS" she explained as she indicated her clothing and the baseball bat that was still leaning against the armrest of the bench. Steven's brown eyes had stars in them, showing that he wanted to ask more, but out of respect for Spinel's request he elected to only nod in response and look to the side for now.